From Fabijan...@nucorsteel.com
Subject RE: Memory Leaks in Log4cxx
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:26:05 GMT

I'm trying to figure out how does this memory debugging actually work. I'm
not sure we are using Crt... functions in a proper way.

I get a leak report by running this:

#include <windows.h>
#include <crtdbg.h>

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
    _CrtSetDbgFlag(_CRTDBG_ALLOC_MEM_DF | _CRTDBG_LEAK_CHECK_DF);
    _CrtDumpMemoryLeaks();
    return 0;
}

I think you have to set checkpoints and check for differences between them.
apparently, with your log4cxx example leaks are really only occuring on
program exit . i'll keep you posted ...

             Hemant
             <hemantc@in-reali
             ty.com>                                                    To
                                       'Log4CXX User'
             07/27/2004 09:12          <log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         RE: Memory Leaks in Log4cxx
              "Log4CXX User"
             <log4cxx-user@log
             ging.apache.org>

Hi,
Did you examine the following files for memory leaks :-
basiconfigurator.cpp
logmanager.cpp

-Hemant