From Fabijan...@nucorsteel.com
Subject RE: Memory Leaks in Log4cxx
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:29:40 GMT

There are 13 memory leaks and 7 resource leaks reported at the end of
execution. I am still trying to figure out most of them, but here's where
some of the leaks reported are coming from:

timezone.cpp      line 32 [2 leaks - calling tzset and gmtime]:
TimeZonePtr TimeZone::defaultTimeZone = new TimeZone(_T(""));
timezone.cpp      line 92 [1 leak - calling putenv]:              return
new TimeZone(ID);

tzset(), gmtime() and putenv are all calling malloc()

Apparently resource leaks all have to do with InitializeCriticalSection
calls not having matching DeletecriticalSection prior to terminate.

I have been running a real world process using log4cxx for about a week now
and I do see small increase in process memory and number of handles over
time.

I'll keep on looking.

+++
Aleksandar Fabijanic
Level 2 Automation Engineer
Nucor Steel Berkeley - Beam Mill
Phone: 843.336.6678
Fax:      843.336.6072
---

             Hemant
             <hemantc@in-reali
             ty.com>                                                    To
                                       'Log4CXX User'
             07/27/2004 06:56          <log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         RE: Memory Leaks in Log4cxx
              "Log4CXX User"
             <log4cxx-user@log
             ging.apache.org>

Hi,
I have used a win32 console based application. I already have attached the
file and sent it across.
Just in case you do not get it I have attached it with this mail. When you
run it you will get the leaks listed in
the output window.

-Hemant