From "Barak Simon" <barak.si...@db.com>
Subject RE: Trying to Install/Build log4cxx on Solaris
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 09:22:50 GMT

Hi,
Tnx for the answer and sorry for not replying sooner, but I only now had time to check it.

I tried running the configure file you sent me and I get:
"config.status: error: cannot find input file: include/log4cxx/config_msvc.h.in"

After running make (since makefile was already created at that stage) I get:
Makefile:429: appenderattachableimpl.Plo: No such file or directory
Makefile:430: appenderskeleton.Plo: No such file or directory
Makefile:431: asyncappender.Plo: No such file or directory
Makefile:432: basicconfigurator.Plo: No such file or directory

and so on for each of the sources.

All this may be related to the fact that the autogen.sh (which also run the autoconf)
only did part of the work required, so some of the files I need (apart from configure itself)
which it normally generates (e.g. install-sh)
are corrupted or do not exist...

Do you know by any chance what are the files generated by autogen and can maybe send them
to me
(in a structure-preserving tar)?

If not, I do not mind trying an actual generated Makefile (if need be, I can try to adapt
the flags to my environment).
Needless to say it is far from ideal, but I have users waiting for it, so anything that works
will be welcome
( Even binaries if nothing else succeeds :( )

Thanks again,
Barak

                      bammi@memento-inc

                      .com                     To:       log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org

                                               cc:       Barak Simon/Sydney/DBAustralia/DeuBa@DBAustralia

                      26/07/2004 11:50         Subject:  RE: Trying to Install/Build log4cxx
on Solaris
                      Please respond to

                      log4cxx-user

I have been compiling log4cxx for the past few versions on solaris with
gcc/g++ (don't have sun cc). Attach to this message are my configure,
config.status and config.log files. If I can help is some other way let me
know

Jwahar Bammi
Memento, Inc.
bammi@memento-inc.com