From Adnene Ben Abdallah <aBenAbdal...@infovista.com>
Subject RE: SMTP Appender for VC++
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 06:59:38 GMT
Hi Picasso,

>after giving all the header files, i get the error:
>smtpappender.cpp
>D:\log4cxx-0.9.7\src\smtpappender.cpp(138) : error C2664:
>'libsmtp_add_recipient' : cannot convert parameter 2 from 'unsigned short
*'
>to 'char *'
>        Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires
>reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
>D:\log4cxx-0.9.7\src\smtpappender.cpp(339) : error C2065: '_dst' :
>undeclared identifier

This seems to be related to Unicode. Are you compiling with Unicode? Your
code looks like trying to convert a wide char to a char.
Also, the _dst comes from the use of W2A or A2W macros. You should use the
USES_CONVERSION macro before using this macro. To my understanding, the
USES_CONVERSION macro declares _dst as static storage.

Cheers,
Adnene