From "Caldwell, Chris" <ccaldw...@lanvision.com>
Subject RE: VC5 and logger
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 13:31:36 GMT
When you include a header file in a cpp file the content of the header is
compiled.  I'm not getting any compiler/linker error messages because the
compiler is hanging.  I was just wondering if anyone had been able to use
log4cxx in vc5 as my attempts have been unsuccessful.  I have made extensive
use of the library in both 6.0 and 7.1, but had a recent requirement to use
5.0.  Thank you, Sergiy, for your reply.  If you have any further insights,
please let me know

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergiy [mailto:se@h3c.de]
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 8:36 AM
To: ccaldwell@lanvision.com
Subject: Re: VC5 and logger

Caldwell, Chris wrote:
> Has anyone ever tried to compile logger.h with visual c++ 5.0?  It
> keeps
> hanging the compiler for me and I didn't know if I needed to make any
> special changes to get it to work.  Any help would be most appreciated.
>
> Chris

Hi Chris,

its new to me, that you can compile a header file. Do you mean logger.cpp?
I'm using msvc 6.0.. however that would be better, if you include your
compiler/linker error messages in your posts. I have included _UNICODE Makro
in my project settings and than
wWinMainCRTStartup as entry point of my application (linker).
I use log4cxx.lib and included this also.

There are two msvc versions (officially ??) supported: 6.0 and 7.0, as
far as I know.

Perhaps it will help you.

Sergiy

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended by LanVision,
Inc. for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and
may contain information that is privileged, confidential and protected from
disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
prohibited.  If you received this email in error, please notify us
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.