From Christophe de Vienne <cdevie...@alphacent.com>
Subject Re: DailyRollingfileAppender / Chainsaw
Date Sun, 25 Jul 2004 12:49:26 GMT
Michaƫl CATANZARITI wrote:

> Log4cxx is still a young project. About the version 1.0 which is still
> in dvt, we've planned to propose the same features as in log4j 1.2.8
> At the present time, the log4j team is developing the version 1.3, but
> the new features of this version will not be included in log4cxx 1.0
> In the future, we hope all Apache logging sister projects will
> converge to offer the same features.

Does log4j 1.2.8 has more features than 1.2.0 ? or the 1.2.8 is a
maintenance release ? In the last case, I'd suggest next log4cxx being
versionned 1.2.0, since it will propose the same features than log4j
1.2.x which is the 'master' project. This will make the relation and
inter-operability between both projects more clear.

My 2 cents,

ChristoĆ peh