From <daniel.kasmero...@daimlerchrysler.com>
Subject Antwort: Re: Newbie needs help: Chainsaw and Log4Cxx
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 10:06:21 GMT

> Hello,
> In order to send events to Chainsaw, you have to use the
XMLSocketAppender
> and not the SocketAppender, since the binary formats are not compatible
>
> Please, see

http://logging.apache.org/log4cxx/manual/classlog4cxx_1_1net_1_1XMLSocketAppender.html

I see. But I'm not very happy with such a solution since the conversion
from and to XML is an expensive task related to the content. I'm currently
working on the Log4J source tree to remove the Java serialization stuff.
Do you know how I can contribute code without registering to the project ?
Is it sufficient to send the modified sources to one of the main developers
or is there a patch mechanism for anonymous contribution available ?

Ciao
Kasimir