From <daniel.kasmero...@daimlerchrysler.com>
Subject Newbie needs help: Chainsaw and Log4Cxx
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 07:11:25 GMT

Hi there, I've tried to use Chainsaw v2 together with the SocketAppender
of Log4Cxx. As far as I've understood the documentation this should
work but it didn't. So I've got several questions on this topic:

   1. Am I wrong ? I mean regarding my assumption that Chainsaw v2
       should work together with Log4Cxx. I don't know how Java
       serialization stores the bytes in a stream but I doubt that the
       implementation of the Log4Cxx generates the proper byte
       stream.

   2. My current implementation allows to connect to Chainsaw v2
       but Chainsaw always says that the streaming header seems to
       be corrupted (Exception !).  That's why I doubt that the stream
       data of Log4Cxx is correct. Is there anything I'm not aware of ?

   3. Is there any alternative way which allows to view my logs
       remotely ? I mean I don't want to write such an application
       unless it's necessary.

Ciao
Kasimir