From Christophe de VIENNE <cdevie...@alphacent.com>
Subject Re: Autotools use.
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:23:49 GMT
Michaƫl CATANZARITI wrote:

> Hi Christophe,
>
> The reason why I removed the configure script in the Makefile.am was
> initially to reduce the log4cxx archive size. May be, it 's a bad
> reason because developers are used to find a configure script.

Well, I definitely think it's a bad reason : first, size doesn't matter
:-) More seriously, it's forced me, for example, to install some dev
tools like libtool and stuffs on a machine I shouldn't have need it. I
think without the configure script, you lose a great part of the
autotools interest.

> About the simplesocketserver program, I agree with you and I am
> interested in a patch.

Ok, I'll send it to you ASAP.

Christophe