From Christophe de VIENNE <cdevie...@alphacent.com>
Subject Re: Using XMLSocketAppender 'locationinfo' option.
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2004 07:57:48 GMT
Michaƫl CATANZARITI wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am afraid there is a bug in the XMLSocketAppender
>
> Please try to apply the following patch to the file
> xmlsocketappender.cpp :
>
> diff -r1.7 xmlsocketappender.cpp
> 93a94,95
>
>>               XMLLayoutPtr xmlLayout = layout;
>>               xmlLayout->setLocationInfo(locationInfo);
>

> and let me know if it works.

Unfortunately no.

Here are the symptoms :
one my program side, After a few logging events, I have this message on
stderr:

Detected problem with connection:
Connection reset by peer

One chainsaw2 side, I have :

Level
ERROR
Logger
org.apache.log4j.net.SocketNode
Time
2004-06-29 09:51:57,986
Thread
Thread-0
Message
Unexpected exception. Closing connecition.
NDC
null
Class

Method

Line

File

Properties
{{log4jid,1}}
Throwable
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.apache.log4j.xml.XMLDecoder.decodeEvents(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.log4j.xml.XMLDecoder.decodeEvents(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.log4j.net.XMLSocketNode.run(XMLSocketNode.java:137)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Is there any test I can run to check the xml datas sent by log4cxx, so
we'll be able to tell if it's a decoding problem of chainsaw.

Christophe