From "Shuvalov, Andrew V" <Andrew.Shuva...@gs.com>
Subject Virtual LoggingEvent
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 21:53:47 GMT

Hi,

I wonder if it makes sense to make the LoggingEvent class virtual. I'm
overriding it, and everything is ok as long as I don't need to substitute a
method or another. But it looks like I'd like to have this option.

Explicitly, I want to be able to override the getNDC() method, because I
want to substitute the NDC implementation from the package with my own
implementation. I need this for better integration with C. I want some C
libraries to use NDC and make it compatible with log4cxx.

What do you think?
Andrew