From Maarten Bosteels <maart...@dns.be>
Subject Re: FW: timezone troubles
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 09:18:08 GMT
Ok, problem solved, I was a bit confused by the documentation for
PatternLayout::setTimeZone

It reads:    The TimeZoneID option is a time zone ID string in the
format expected by the locale C++ standard class.

Not knowing what formats the locale C++ standard class expects, I tried
the command "locale -a" to find valid values, but these
values do NOT work.

Turns out that using  "Europe/Brussels" works perfectly, winter and
summer :o)

log4j.appender.stdout.layout.TimeZone=Europe/Brussels

Maarten