From Michaël CATANZARITI <mca...@free.fr>
Subject Re: You have tried to set a null level to root.
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 20:17:57 GMT
Hello,

It seems the problem is related to the construction order of static
variables.

Visual C++ 7.1, constructs static variables in the declaration order for
each source file, and in the link order of each obj file and library for
a whole module.
So, the static variable used in the delayedloop example is constructed
before the static variables declared in log4cxxs.lib (for the linker
parse delayedloop.obj first).
Accordingly, the static variables concerning levels, implemented in
level.cpp are initialized later. This is was the rootLogger level seems
not to be set.

Please add the following lines on top of the files level.cpp and
logmanager.cpp :

// Force initialization early.
#pragma warning(disable: 4074)
#pragma warning(disable: 4073)
#pragma init_seg(lib)

The directive '#pragma init_seg(lib)' permits to force the static variables implemented in
its scope to be initialized first.

Michaël