From Lars Schouw <schou...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: You have tried to set a null level to root.
Date Thu, 20 May 2004 09:32:26 GMT
Lennart

You are really a great help thank for always answering
so quick!

It dumps before that it even gets to there!

I took out the A2W here A2W(argv[1]); as well since
since my code is not unicode.

I pass the following into the program as a startup
argument. config/LogSettings.txt

Well I have this configuration file called
LogSettings.txt

# Set root logger level to DEBUG and its only appender
to A1.
log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, A1

# A1 is set to be a ConsoleAppender.
log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender

# A1 uses PatternLayout.
log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%t]
%-5p %c %x - %m (F:L)%n

Also in the meanwhile I tried to setup the trivial
project replacing the code with the bar sample you
have in the documentation.
When I run it I get an error like before
You have tried to set a null level to root.
and in this case it runs down the sample code until
this line is called:
logger->info(_T("Entering application."));
where an exception is thrown.
In the console I get this.
First-chance exception at 0x77e73887 in trivial.exe:
Microsoft C++ exception:
log4cxx::helpers::RuntimeException @ 0x0012fddc.
Please be awair the the code is not the trivial.cpp
from your sample but the code from the documentation.

Again I am using the static library I compiled myself.

Also one more thing when I build I get some warnings.
They come from an error in the documentation;
#include <log4cxx/logger.h>;
Should be without the last semicolon.

Regards
Lars Schouw