From Michael CATANZARITI <mca...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Virtual LoggingEvent
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 11:35:34 GMT
Andrew,

Yes it will be done in the next version but I keep thinking overriding
LoggingEvent is not a good solution. For example, the SocketAppender will not
work with a custom LoggingEvent. Moreover, if you override is no more compatible
with the XML format of an event (see XMLLayout), the interoperability with Log4j
 Chainsaw will be broken.

May be can you, explain what is your exact requirement about NDC, and why the
implemented proposed in log4cxx does not suit ?

Michaƫl