From "Pete Rowley" <p...@openrowley.com>
Subject Re: Virtual LoggingEvent
Date Fri, 28 May 2004 20:22:14 GMT

and creating a C++ wrapper for use by your C++ apps is a better choice for
you.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shuvalov, Andrew V" <Andrew.Shuvalov@gs.com>
To: "'Log4CXX User'" <log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2004 10:02 AM
Subject: RE: Virtual LoggingEvent

Thanks Pete,

That's a good option. But Log4cxx has some global static classes and they
won't be initialized if the environment is not c++ aware. Or they will? But
more, if the particular app is 100% C, it is a bad idea to link it with
libstdc++ and C++ runtime just because of logging. We have several million
lines of code, many libraries and many apps and servers, and 50% is C. Many
servers are compiled as 100% C.