livy-user mailing list archives

From <santosh.dan...@ubs.com>
Subject RE: Enable HTTP Basic Authenticaton for Livy Rest APIs
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2018 18:18:04 GMT
Thanks Kevin.  But we're Cloudera shop and utilizing SAML architecture for authentication/architecture
and Knox is not supported by Cloudera.  I'm now exploring the option of utilizing Jupyter
Hub with OAuth.

From: Kevin Risden [mailto:krisden@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 12:52 PM
To: user@livy.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Enable HTTP Basic Authenticaton for Livy Rest APIs

One option that is available today is to use Apache Knox [1]. Apache Knox supports Livy [2]
as a backend and a lot of different options for authentication [3].

1. https://knox.apache.org/
2. https://knox.apache.org/books/knox-1-1-0/user-guide.html#Livy+Server
3. https://knox.apache.org/books/knox-1-1-0/user-guide.html#Authentication

Kevin Risden