livy-user mailing list archives

From <santosh.dan...@ubs.com>
Subject Enable HTTP Basic Authenticaton for Livy Rest APIs
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2018 21:34:47 GMT
I'm Santosh Dandey, I'm working at UBS as one of the lead-developer for a Big Data Project.
We are working on enabling Jupyter notebook as a data-science tool for data-scientists. I
have below setup that's working good in my local environment without any authentication between
spark-magic and Livy.

I have to implement security for SparkMagic and Apache Livy. On Spark Magic it says I can
enable HTTP Basic Authentication if it's enabled in Livy. How do I enable HTTP Basic authentication
in livy?

How can we enable basic-authentication on Livy?  Is there any specific configuration that
I have to set on livy.conf to enable basic authentication.

Did anyone had luck implementing basic authentication?  I appreciate if you can provide any
help here.

Thanks
Santosh

[cid:image003.png@01D45BF9.4FC434F0]