livy-user mailing list archives

From Santosh Dandey <dd.sant...@gmail.com>
Subject Enable HTTP Basic Authenticaton for Livy Rest APIs
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2018 20:53:45 GMT
I'm Santosh Dandey, I'm working at UBS as one of the lead-developer for a
Big Data Project. We are working on enabling Jupyter notebook as a
data-science tool for data-scientists. I have below setup that's working
good in my local environment without any authentication between spark-magic
and Livy.

I have to implement security for SparkMagic and Apache Livy. On Spark Magic
it says I can enable HTTP Basic Authentication if it's enabled in Livy. How
do I enable HTTP Basic authentication in livy?

How can we enable basic-authentication on Livy?  Is there any specific
configuration that I have to set on livy.conf to enable basic
authentication.

Did anyone had luck implementing basic authentication?  I appreciate if you
can provide any help here.

Thanks

Santosh

[image: cid:image003.png@01D45BF9.4FC434F0]