livy-user mailing list archives

From "Harsch, Tim" <Tim.Har...@Teradata.com>
Subject Re: Impersonation Error
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2018 19:19:40 GMT
Vamsi,
It may be helpful if you read the thread on user impersonation from Tuesday, July 10, 2018.

Do you have hive sql enabled?  What related configurations do you have set in livy.conf ?
 Are you using kerberos as well?

From: srungarapu vamsi <srungarapu1989@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, August 20, 2018 at 3:36 AM
To: "user@livy.incubator.apache.org" <user@livy.incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Impersonation Error

[External Email]
________________________________
Hi,

We have a secure kerberized CDH cluster.
I am trying to test impersonation through livy rest sever.
I have created the proxy user which can impersonate other users in the while running the spark
jobs.
Here is my core-site.xml for the proxy user "my_proxy_user":

 <property>
    <name>hadoop.proxyuser.my_proxy_user.hosts</name>
    <value>*</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hadoop.proxyuser. my_proxy_user.groups</name>
    <value> my_proxy_user_grp</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hadoop.proxyuser. my_proxy_user.users</name>
    <value>*</value>
  </property>
</configuration>

With these configurations, whenever i am trying to create a session or batch, i am getting
the following error.

org.apache.hadoop.yarn.exceptions.YarnException: User my_proxy_user does not have privilage
to see this attempt appattempt_1533784624146_0323_-000001

         at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ClientRMService.getApplicationAttemptReport(ClientRMService.java:375)

         at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.api.impl.pb.service.ApplicationClientProtocolPBServiceImpl.getApplicationAttemptReport(ApplicationClientProtocolPBServiceImpl.java:355)

         at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.proto.ApplicationClientProtocol$ApplicationClientProtocolService$2.callBlockingMethod(ApplicationClientProtocol.java:425)

         at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:617)

         at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2217)

         at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2213)

         at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1917)

         at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:2211)

I am able to run the spark jobs by passsing the --proxyUser flag.
Also, i am successfully able to run yarn jobs with HADOOP_PROXY_USER.

But, on trying to create a session or batch, i am not getting in stderr of the session/batch
logs. But "Yarn Diagnostics" show the above error.

Can you please help me in solving this issue.
--
/Vamsi