livy-user mailing list archives

From Wandong Wu <wu...@husky.neu.edu>
Subject Re: Some questions about RscDriver
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2018 02:35:22 GMT
Hi:

	Thank you for your response. I want to know how this component communicate with each other.
So, RscDriver communicate with Spark Driver through RPC? Right?
	Is there a protocol between RscClient and RscDriver?

Thanks
Wandong

> On Jul 17, 2018, at 08:49, Meisam Fathi <meisam.fathi@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Within an interactive session, Livy communicate with Spark through RPC. According to
some architecture diagrams, LivyServer has a RscClient, and Spark has a RscDriver. My understanding
is that RscDriver is one of components belonging to Spark, and RscDriver has existed before
the Livy project was created. Is that right?

> No. RscDriver and RscClient are both part of Livy. RscDriver starts the Spark Driver.
RscDriver stars a Spark context, gets the statements from RscClient, runs them on SparkContext,
and returns the results to RscClient.