livy-user mailing list archives

From "Harsch, Tim" <Tim.Har...@Teradata.com>
Subject Re: Query: Local Path cannot read by Livy (Running with Docker)
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2018 22:12:24 GMT
When you say not able to use my files in Spark Session what do you mean?

I think I’m seeing a similar problem.   If I submit jars using a client machine that is
not the same as the server (so file system is not shared) and I submit the jar it’s looks
like it gets transmitted to the server but then I can’t reference any of the classes.  If
I look at the Spark UI that gets launched for the session then I can see references to paths
in my client machine, which aren’t resolvable on the server.   Is this the scenario you
have?   I think it might occur in a docker env if you are doing client stuff on the host os,
and livy is running in a container.

From: Divya Arya <divya@cyberops.in>
Date: Thursday, July 26, 2018 at 11:45 PM
To: "user@livy.incubator.apache.org" <user@livy.incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Query: Local Path cannot read by Livy (Running with Docker)

[External Email]

Please help me out. I am really looking forward.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 5:49 PM, Divya Arya <divya@cyberops.in<mailto:divya@cyberops.in>>
wrote:
Hello Team,

I need a little support from you, I am trying to bundle up my application which is working
on Apache Livy, Spark (SCALA), so it can run on a Windows-based system, for that, I am using
Apache Docker.

I have set up Livy and Spark in that, which is working perfectly fine but I am not able to
use my Local path files (suppose files in C:/ or D:/) in SparkSession and SparkContext. Please
help me out here.

Thanks and Regards,

divya.arya69@gmail.com<mailto:divya.arya69@gmail.com>