livy-user mailing list archives

From "Ghosh, Parthapratim " <parthapratim.gh...@citi.com>
Subject RE: Livy session
Date Mon, 21 May 2018 07:16:06 GMT
Hi Malveeka,

                I am another user in the forum. However, your requirement may be met without
creating a new jar. You may put the user code in a defined job as an instance level variable
and use it everytime you use the client to submit a job. To call this, create a LivyClient
and submit the job everytime with a new code as required, instantiating the job with the client
code in overloaded constructor.

Thanks and Regards
Partha Pratim Ghosh

From: Malveeka Bhandari [mailto:malveeka.bhandari@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2018 2:58 AM
To: user@livy.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Fwd: Livy session

Hi everyone.

We are using Livy for our custom use case where a user can submit a batch request. We send
the user code in spark.jars configuration. But we are having to make a new session everytime.
Is there any way that there could be one running session for a user and we could keep submitting
new jobs but with a new dependent jar each time.

Thanks