> Am I allowed to use rest methods separately, so connect them with React, for example, one link for getting all pets, other - all orders?
Yes, you can use rest methods separately.

> I copied all css and html to React files, everything looks the same as it was. So I can remove css and html config from java?
I think so.  If React is already handling the serving up of css and html files, then you don't need to use Spring Boot to do so.

On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 12:10 PM Rasa V <fiammara@gmail.com> wrote:
Am I allowed to use rest methods separately, so connect them with React, for example, one link for getting all pets, other - all orders?
I copied all css and html to React files, everything looks the same as it was. So I can remove css and html config from java?

2019-12-28, št, 16:56 James Bognar <jamesbognar@gmail.com> rašė:
Hi Rasa,

Sorry for missing the meeting.  Due to the "holiday schedule", I didn't even realize it was Friday :-(

So hopefully React can be used against normal REST interfaces using just JSON.  Using jQuery and Datatables, I'm able to load a table directly from a REST interface by simply pointing a URL at it like so...

<script>
   $(document).ready(function() {
      var table = $('#directives').DataTable({
         ajax : { "url" : "/petstore/pets", "dataSrc" : "" },
         autoWidth : false,
         ...,
         columns : [
            { className : 'details-control', orderable : false, defaultContent : '' },
         ]
      }
);
</script>

So hopefully React provides this ability to simply point to a JSON source as well.

Here's a typical way of exposing CSS and other files using Spring Boot:

@Configuration
public class WebMvcConfig extends WebMvcConfigurationSupport {

    @Override
    public void addResourceHandlers(ResourceHandlerRegistry registry) {
        registry.addResourceHandler("/webjars/**").addResourceLocations("classpath:/META-INF/resources/webjars/");
        registry.addResourceHandler("/static/**").addResourceLocations("classpath:/static/");
    }

    @Override
    protected void addViewControllers(ViewControllerRegistry registry) {
        // Need this to access index.html as the default page.
        registry.addViewController("/").setViewName("redirect:/ui");
    }

Then you just need to place your CSS files in the src/main/resources/static directory and they can be accessed via /static/*.

The webjars are pulled in by adding dependencies in the POM, like so:

         <dependency>
            <groupId>org.webjars</groupId>
            <artifactId>jquery</artifactId>
            <version>${webjars-jquery.version}</version>
        </dependency>

Then in your HTML files, you reference them like so:
    <script src="/webjars/jquery/3.3.1-1/jquery.min.js"></script>

On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 8:27 AM Rasa V <fiammara@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello. We can have our friday meeting today, after 1 or 2 hours.

On Thu, Dec 26, 2019, 16:21 Rasa V <fiammara@gmail.com> wrote:
I started doing front-end with React. I dont know how i should connect React with @Rest class: get everything by one link or somehow separately? Usually React gets json by controller link then converts it to a front-end object. But here we do not have controller, only @Rest classes, so how we can get json from it?
How should I use @Rest: for all front-end, all links, css, or something can be done only with React?

2019-12-24, an, 17:07 James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org> rašė:
I am not in any way a front end developer.  So unfortunately I'm not going to be able to advise much regarding either framework.

A quick google search tells me React is somewhat easier to use and somewhat more popular.  So using React sounds like a good idea to me.

On Tue, Dec 24, 2019 at 5:53 AM Rasa V <fiammara@gmail.com> wrote:
It is ok to do it on fridays as we did last week.

2019-12-24, an, 12:51 Ayeshmantha Perera <akayeshmantha@gmail.com> rašė:
Sure Rasa as you wish weather its angular or React doesn’t matter 🙂. You can continue with it please

And please let know a good time to schedule the weekly call in slack

Regards
Ayesh

On Tue 24. Dec 2019 at 11:49, Rasa V <fiammara@gmail.com> wrote:
I did not get answerwhat can I do now. Maybe I can do UI using not Angular but React?

2019-12-22, sk, 19:32 Rasa V <fiammara@gmail.com> rašė:
I am also thinking about UI part now.

2019-12-22, sk, 19:30 Ayeshmantha Perera <akayeshmantha@gmail.com> rašė:

On Sun 22. Dec 2019 at 18:30, Ayeshmantha Perera <akayeshmantha@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Rasa

Docker compose task is actually finished. But others are not they are assigned but not done. James will it be possible to assign the task to Rasa in jira? I cant do it with my user.I think it will be good to look at the ui task.Build the ui on top if the application.

This basically means separate out the ui code.Prefer angular 2 which can run separately. Use angular cli to bootstrap.

This will be a good starting point since we have to do login/logout after this it will be good to have the ui done.

Regards
Ayesh

On Sun 22. Dec 2019 at 18:26, Rasa V <fiammara@gmail.com> wrote:
Which task I can take? Only Docker compose? All other are marked as in progress.

2019-12-20, pn, 22:09 Ayeshmantha Perera <akayeshmantha@gmail.com> rašė:
Great work Rasa

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 8:03 PM James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org> wrote:
Yes, go ahead.

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 1:57 PM Rasa V <fiammara@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you. So now i can go on with the next tasks?

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019, 20:53 James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org> wrote:
I've submitted more changes.

I added methods to the parent PetStore interface for the REST methods you added (allows them to be used in REST client proxies).
I removed getPetsByTags entirely from the code.
I fixed testFindPetByStatus().  The status value is supposed to be passed in as a comma-delimited list query parameter.  That's defined on the PetStore.findPetsByStatus() method that the PetStoreResource.findPetsByStatus() extends from.

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 1:36 PM Rasa V <fiammara@gmail.com> wrote:
Awesome. Thanks!

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019, 20:33 James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org> wrote:
Changes look good!  I've merged into the master branch.

I changed my mind on switching to H2.  I think we should just remove findPetsByTags and stick with Derby.  I'll make that change.

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 1:00 PM Rasa V <fiammara@gmail.com> wrote:
Pull request is ready!

2019-12-20, pn, 18:30 James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org> rašė:
I'm not able to get PetRepository.findByTags() working.

 @Query("select X from PetstorePet X where X.tags in :tags")
List<Pet> findByTags(@Param("tags") String[] tags);

Hibernate is generating invalid SQL for this query:
select pet0_.id as id1_1_, pet0_.name as name2_1_, pet0_.price as price3_1_, pet0_.species as species4_1_, pet0_.status as status5_1_ from petstore_pet pet0_, petstore_pet_tags tags1_ where pet0_.id=tags1_.petstore_pet_id and (. in (?))

I can't find a similar problem on Google either.  Upgrading to the latest stable Hiberate (5.4.9.Final) doesn't fix the problem an in fact produces more problems.

We should probably switch to H2.  Unfortunate since Derby is an Apache project and I was trying to keep everything "in house".

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 10:38 AM Rasa V <fiammara@gmail.com> wrote:
Will do, thanks!

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019, 17:27 James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org> wrote:
I was able to get the testUpdateUser() test to pass by adding the following annotation to the PetStoreService.removeUser(String) method:

    @Transactional(rollbackFor=Exception.class)
    public void removeUser(String username) throws IdNotFound {
        userRepository.deleteByUsername(username);
    }

Can you try that out and add that to your pull request?  We may need that annotation on other methods in that service class as well.

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 10:19 AM James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org> wrote:
Delete looks like an actual bug in the code.

org.springframework.dao.InvalidDataAccessApiUsageException: No EntityManager with actual transaction available for current thread - cannot reliably process 'remove' call; nested exception is javax.persistence.TransactionRequiredException: No EntityManager with actual transaction available for current thread - cannot reliably process 'remove' call

Let me see if I can figure out what's going on.

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 12:37 AM Rasa V <fiammara@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi. I have sent one more commit. I see that i`m stuck with searching pet by tags or status and updating pet. Also I cant cant find where is the problem with deleting users.

2019-12-19, kt, 19:55 Ayeshmantha Perera <akayeshmantha@gmail.com> rašė:
Yes that would be great please let me know 🙂

On Thu 19. Dec 2019 at 15:40, Rasa V <fiammara@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi. I joined slack. We can have meetings there. My time zone is GMT +2.

2019-12-19, kt, 16:27 James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org> rašė:
Hi Rasa,

I found out you don't need to have an Apache email account to join the
ASF Slack group.  You can access it here:
https://the-asf.slack.com/join/shared_invite/enQtNzc2ODE3MjI1MDk1LTAyZGJmNTg1NWZhNmVmOWZjMjA2MGUyOGY4MjE5ZGUwOTQxY2Q3MDBmNTM5YTllNGU4M2QyMzQ4M2U4ZjQ5YmY

We have a #dev-juneau channel over there.  It might be easier to
answer your questions directly (as it supports richer content than
just plain text).

Also, I've been told by the Outreachy organization that we should
schedule weekly progress meetings to help assist you with any issues.
Could we use Slack for that?

I'm in the Eastern Standard timezone (GMT-5).  What time zone are you in?
--
Software Engineer
Salzburg Research Forschungsgesellschaft