juneau-dev mailing list archives

From Rasa V <fiamm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Juneau Slack channel and weekly discussions of internship progress.
Date Sat, 28 Dec 2019 17:10:20 GMT
Am I allowed to use rest methods separately, so connect them with React,
for example, one link for getting all pets, other - all orders?
I copied all css and html to React files, everything looks the same as it
was. So I can remove css and html config from java?

2019-12-28, št, 16:56 James Bognar <jamesbognar@gmail.com> rašė:

> Hi Rasa,
>
> Sorry for missing the meeting.  Due to the "holiday schedule", I didn't
> even realize it was Friday :-(
>
> So hopefully React can be used against normal REST interfaces using just
> JSON.  Using jQuery and Datatables, I'm able to load a table directly from
> a REST interface by simply pointing a URL at it like so...
>
> <script>
>    $(document).ready(function() {
>       var table = $('#directives').DataTable({
>          ajax : { "url" : "/petstore/pets", "dataSrc" : "" },
>          autoWidth : false,
>          ...,
>          columns : [
>             { className : 'details-control', orderable : false,
> defaultContent : '' },
>          ]
>       }
> );
> </script>
>
> So hopefully React provides this ability to simply point to a JSON source
> as well.
>
> Here's a typical way of exposing CSS and other files using Spring Boot:
>
> @Configuration
> public class WebMvcConfig extends WebMvcConfigurationSupport {
>
>     @Override
>     public void addResourceHandlers(ResourceHandlerRegistry registry) {
>
> registry.addResourceHandler("/webjars/**").addResourceLocations("classpath:/META-INF/resources/webjars/");
>
> registry.addResourceHandler("/static/**").addResourceLocations("classpath:/static/");
>     }
>
>     @Override
>     protected void addViewControllers(ViewControllerRegistry registry) {
>         // Need this to access index.html as the default page.
>         registry.addViewController("/").setViewName("redirect:/ui");
>     }
>
> Then you just need to place your CSS files in the
> src/main/resources/static directory and they can be accessed via /static/*.
>
> The webjars are pulled in by adding dependencies in the POM, like so:
>
>          <dependency>
>             <groupId>org.webjars</groupId>
>             <artifactId>jquery</artifactId>
>             <version>${webjars-jquery.version}</version>
>         </dependency>
>
> Then in your HTML files, you reference them like so:
>     <script src="/webjars/jquery/3.3.1-1/jquery.min.js"></script>
>
> On Fri, Dec 27, 2019 at 8:27 AM Rasa V <fiammara@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello. We can have our friday meeting today, after 1 or 2 hours.
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 26, 2019, 16:21 Rasa V <fiammara@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I started doing front-end with React. I dont know how i should connect
>>> React with @Rest class: get everything by one link or somehow separately?
>>> Usually React gets json by controller link then converts it to a front-end
>>> object. But here we do not have controller, only @Rest classes, so how we
>>> can get json from it?
>>> How should I use @Rest: for all front-end, all links, css, or something
>>> can be done only with React?

to do

other are marked

<

V <fiammara@gmail.com>

the next tasks?

Bognar <

PetStore interface for the
them to be used in REST client proxies).
from the code.
 The status value is supposed
list query parameter.  That's defined
method that the
extends from.

PM Rasa V <fiammara@gmail.com>

James Bognar <
wrote:

> [...]
merged into the master branch.

switching to H2.  I think we should
and stick with Derby.  I'll make that change.

at 1:00 PM Rasa V <fiammara@gmail.com>

James Bognar <
rašė:

> [...]
to get PetRepository.findByTags() working.

X from PetstorePet X where X.tags in
findByTags(@Param("tags") String[] tags);

generating invalid SQL for this query:
as id1_1_, pet0_.name as name2_1_,
price3_1_, pet0_.species as species4_1_, pet0_.status as
petstore_pet pet0_, petstore_pet_tags tags1_ where
and (. in (?))

a similar problem on Google either.
the latest stable Hiberate (5.4.9.Final) doesn't fix the
fact produces more problems.

switch to H2.  Unfortunate since
project and I was trying to keep everything "in house".

2019 at 10:38 AM Rasa V <
wrote:

> [...]
thanks!

20, 2019, 17:27 James Bognar <
wrote:

> [...]
able to get the testUpdateUser() test to pass by
the following annotation to the PetStoreService.removeUser(String)

void removeUser(String username) throws
{

   userRepository.deleteByUsername(username);

try that out and add that to your pull
 We may need that annotation on other methods in that service
as well.

Dec 20, 2019 at 10:19 AM James Bognar <
wrote:

looks like an actual bug in the code.

> [...]
EntityManager with actual transaction available for current thread -
reliably process 'remove' call; nested exception is
No EntityManager with
transaction available for current thread - cannot reliably process
call

me see if I can figure out what's going on.

Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 12:37 AM Rasa V <
wrote:

Hi. I have sent one more commit. I see that i`m

stuck with searching pet by tags or status and updating pet. Also I cant

cant find where is the problem with deleting users.

2019-12-19, kt, 19:55 Ayeshmantha Perera <

akayeshmantha@gmail.com> rašė:

Yes that would be great please let me know 🙂

On Thu 19. Dec 2019 at 15:40, Rasa V <

fiammara@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi. I joined slack. We can have meetings there. My

time zone is GMT +2.

2019-12-19, kt, 16:27 James Bognar <

jamesbognar@apache.org> rašė:

Hi Rasa,

I found out you don't need to have an Apache

email account to join the

ASF Slack group.  You can access it here:

https://the-asf.slack.com/join/shared_invite/enQtNzc2ODE3MjI1MDk1LTAyZGJmNTg1NWZhNmVmOWZjMjA2MGUyOGY4MjE5ZGUwOTQxY2Q3MDBmNTM5YTllNGU4M2QyMzQ4M2U4ZjQ5YmY

We have a #dev-juneau channel over there.  It

might be easier to

answer your questions directly (as it supports

richer content than

just plain text).

Also, I've been told by the Outreachy

organization that we should

schedule weekly progress meetings to help assist

you with any issues.

Could we use Slack for that?

I'm in the Eastern Standard timezone (GMT-5).

What time zone are you in?

--

*Software Engineer*

*Salzburg Research Forschungsgesellschaft *

*Salzburg, Austria*

*