juneau-dev mailing list archives

From Rasa V <fiamm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Juneau Slack channel and weekly discussions of internship progress.
Date Sun, 29 Dec 2019 11:01:01 GMT
Is it OK to do all navigation with React?

2019-12-28, št, 21:23 James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org> rašė:

> [...]
>
> > I copied all css and html to React files, everything looks the same as
> it was. So I can remove css and html config from java?
> I think so.  If React is already handling the serving up of css and html
> files, then you don't need to use Spring Boot to do so.
>
> On Sat, Dec 28, 2019 at 12:10 PM Rasa V <fiammara@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Am I allowed to use rest methods separately, so connect them with React,
>> for example, one link for getting all pets, other - all orders?
>> I copied all css and html to React files, everything looks the same as it
>> was. So I can remove css and html config from java?
>>
>> 2019-12-28, št, 16:56 James Bognar <jamesbognar@gmail.com> rašė:
>>
>>> Hi Rasa,
>>>
>>> Sorry for missing the meeting.  Due to the "holiday schedule", I didn't
>>> even realize it was Friday :-(
>>>
>>> So hopefully React can be used against normal REST interfaces using just
>>> JSON.  Using jQuery and Datatables, I'm able to load a table directly from
>>> a REST interface by simply pointing a URL at it like so...
>>>
>>> <script>
>>>    $(document).ready(function() {
>>>       var table = $('#directives').DataTable({
>>>          ajax : { "url" : "/petstore/pets", "dataSrc" : "" },
>>>          autoWidth : false,
>>>          ...,
>>>          columns : [
>>>             { className : 'details-control', orderable : false,
>>> defaultContent : '' },
>>>          ]
>>>       }
>>> );
>>> </script>
>>>
>>> So hopefully React provides this ability to simply point to a JSON
>>> source as well.
>>>
>>> Here's a typical way of exposing CSS and other files using Spring Boot:
>>>
>>> @Configuration
>>> public class WebMvcConfig extends WebMvcConfigurationSupport {
>>>
>>>     @Override
>>>     public void addResourceHandlers(ResourceHandlerRegistry registry) {
>>>
>>> registry.addResourceHandler("/webjars/**").addResourceLocations("classpath:/META-INF/resources/webjars/");
>>>
>>> registry.addResourceHandler("/static/**").addResourceLocations("classpath:/static/");
>>>     }
>>>
>>>     @Override
>>>     protected void addViewControllers(ViewControllerRegistry registry) {
>>>         // Need this to access index.html as the default page.
>>>         registry.addViewController("/").setViewName("redirect:/ui");
>>>     }
>>>
>>> Then you just need to place your CSS files in the
>>> src/main/resources/static directory and they can be accessed via /static/*.
>>>
>>> The webjars are pulled in by adding dependencies in the POM, like so:
>>>
>>>          <dependency>
>>>             <groupId>org.webjars</groupId>
>>>             <artifactId>jquery</artifactId>
>>>             <version>${webjars-jquery.version}</version>
>>>         </dependency>
>>>
>>> Then in your HTML files, you reference them like so:
>>>     <script src="/webjars/jquery/3.3.1-1/jquery.min.js"></script>

UI using not

rašė:

> [...]
But others are not
it be possible to assign the
user.I think it will be good to
the application.

code.Prefer angular 2
to bootstrap.

we have to do
have the ui done.

All other are

<

Bognar <

PM Rasa V <fiammara@gmail.com>

on with the next tasks?

James Bognar <
wrote:

> [...]
parent PetStore interface for the
(allows them to be used in REST client proxies).
entirely from the code.
 The status value is
in as a comma-delimited list query parameter.  That's
method that the
extends from.

at 1:36 PM Rasa V <fiammara@gmail.com>

20:33 James Bognar <
wrote:

> [...]
good!  I've merged into the master branch.

mind on switching to H2.  I think we should
and stick with Derby.  I'll make that change.

2019 at 1:00 PM Rasa V <
wrote:

> [...]
is ready!

pn, 18:30 James Bognar <
rašė:

> [...]
able to get PetRepository.findByTags()

X from PetstorePet X where X.tags in
findByTags(@Param("tags") String[] tags);

is generating invalid SQL for this query:
pet0_.id as id1_1_, pet0_.name as name2_1_,
as price3_1_, pet0_.species as species4_1_, pet0_.status as
from petstore_pet pet0_, petstore_pet_tags tags1_ where
and (. in (?))

find a similar problem on Google either.
to the latest stable Hiberate (5.4.9.Final) doesn't fix the
an in fact produces more problems.

probably switch to H2.  Unfortunate since
is an Apache project and I was trying to keep everything "in house".

Dec 20, 2019 at 10:38 AM Rasa V <
wrote:

> [...]
do, thanks!

Fri, Dec 20, 2019, 17:27 James Bognar <
wrote:

I was able to get the testUpdateUser() test to pass

by adding the following annotation to the

PetStoreService.removeUser(String) method:

    @Transactional(rollbackFor=Exception.class)

    public void removeUser(String username) throws

IdNotFound {

        userRepository.deleteByUsername(username);

    }

Can you try that out and add that to your pull

request?  We may need that annotation on other methods in that service

class as well.

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 10:19 AM James Bognar <

jamesbognar@apache.org> wrote:

Delete looks like an actual bug in the code.

org.springframework.dao.InvalidDataAccessApiUsageException:

No EntityManager with actual transaction available for current thread -

cannot reliably process 'remove' call; nested exception is

javax.persistence.TransactionRequiredException: No EntityManager with

actual transaction available for current thread - cannot reliably process

'remove' call

Let me see if I can figure out what's going on.

On Fri, Dec 20, 2019 at 12:37 AM Rasa V <

fiammara@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi. I have sent one more commit. I see that i`m

stuck with searching pet by tags or status and updating pet. Also I cant

cant find where is the problem with deleting users.

2019-12-19, kt, 19:55 Ayeshmantha Perera <

akayeshmantha@gmail.com> rašė:

Yes that would be great please let me know 🙂

On Thu 19. Dec 2019 at 15:40, Rasa V <

fiammara@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi. I joined slack. We can have meetings there.

My time zone is GMT +2.

2019-12-19, kt, 16:27 James Bognar <

jamesbognar@apache.org> rašė:

Hi Rasa,

I found out you don't need to have an Apache

email account to join the

ASF Slack group.  You can access it here:

https://the-asf.slack.com/join/shared_invite/enQtNzc2ODE3MjI1MDk1LTAyZGJmNTg1NWZhNmVmOWZjMjA2MGUyOGY4MjE5ZGUwOTQxY2Q3MDBmNTM5YTllNGU4M2QyMzQ4M2U4ZjQ5YmY

We have a #dev-juneau channel over there.  It

might be easier to

answer your questions directly (as it supports

richer content than

just plain text).

Also, I've been told by the Outreachy

organization that we should

schedule weekly progress meetings to help

assist you with any issues.

Could we use Slack for that?

I'm in the Eastern Standard timezone (GMT-5).

What time zone are you in?

--

*Software Engineer*

*Salzburg Research Forschungsgesellschaft *

*Salzburg, Austria*

*