juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <jamesbog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Juneau Slack channel and weekly discussions of internship progress.
Date Sat, 28 Dec 2019 14:55:44 GMT
Hi Rasa,

Sorry for missing the meeting.  Due to the "holiday schedule", I didn't
even realize it was Friday :-(

So hopefully React can be used against normal REST interfaces using just
JSON.  Using jQuery and Datatables, I'm able to load a table directly from
a REST interface by simply pointing a URL at it like so...

<script>
   $(document).ready(function() {
      var table = $('#directives').DataTable({
         ajax : { "url" : "/petstore/pets", "dataSrc" : "" },
         autoWidth : false,
         ...,
         columns : [
            { className : 'details-control', orderable : false,
defaultContent : '' },
         ]
      }
);
</script>

So hopefully React provides this ability to simply point to a JSON source
as well.

Here's a typical way of exposing CSS and other files using Spring Boot:

@Configuration
public class WebMvcConfig extends WebMvcConfigurationSupport {

    @Override
    public void addResourceHandlers(ResourceHandlerRegistry registry) {

registry.addResourceHandler("/webjars/**").addResourceLocations("classpath:/META-INF/resources/webjars/");

registry.addResourceHandler("/static/**").addResourceLocations("classpath:/static/");
    }

    @Override
    protected void addViewControllers(ViewControllerRegistry registry) {
        // Need this to access index.html as the default page.
        registry.addViewController("/").setViewName("redirect:/ui");
    }

Then you just need to place your CSS files in the src/main/resources/static
directory and they can be accessed via /static/*.

The webjars are pulled in by adding dependencies in the POM, like so:

         <dependency>
            <groupId>org.webjars</groupId>
            <artifactId>jquery</artifactId>
            <version>${webjars-jquery.version}</version>
        </dependency>

Then in your HTML files, you reference them like so:
    <script src="/webjars/jquery/3.3.1-1/jquery.min.js"></script>

<

next tasks?

<

interface for the REST
be used in REST client proxies).
from the code.
status value is supposed
list query parameter.  That's defined
method that the
extends from.

V <fiammara@gmail.com>

Bognar <

merged into the master branch.

to H2.  I think we should
and stick with Derby.  I'll make that change.

PM Rasa V <fiammara@gmail.com>

James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org>

PetRepository.findByTags() working.

from PetstorePet X where X.tags in
String[] tags);

invalid SQL for this query:
id1_1_, pet0_.name as name2_1_,
pet0_.species as species4_1_, pet0_.status as
pet0_, petstore_pet_tags tags1_ where
and (. in (?))

problem on Google either.
latest stable Hiberate (5.4.9.Final) doesn't fix the
produces more problems.

switch to H2.  Unfortunate since Derby
and I was trying to keep everything "in house".

at 10:38 AM Rasa V <
wrote:

> [...]
2019, 17:27 James Bognar <
wrote:

> [...]
to get the testUpdateUser() test to pass by
following annotation to the PetStoreService.removeUser(String)

void removeUser(String username) throws
{

that out and add that to your pull
 We may need that annotation on other methods in that service
well.

20, 2019 at 10:19 AM James Bognar <
wrote:

looks like an actual bug in the code.

> [...]
with actual transaction available for current thread -
reliably process 'remove' call; nested exception is
No EntityManager with
transaction available for current thread - cannot reliably process
call

see if I can figure out what's going on.

Dec 20, 2019 at 12:37 AM Rasa V <
wrote:

> [...]
I have sent one more commit. I see that i`m stuck
searching pet by tags or status and updating pet. Also I cant cant
where is the problem with deleting users.

kt, 19:55 Ayeshmantha Perera <
rašė:

Yes that would be great please let me know 🙂

On Thu 19. Dec 2019 at 15:40, Rasa V <

fiammara@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi. I joined slack. We can have meetings there. My

time zone is GMT +2.

2019-12-19, kt, 16:27 James Bognar <

jamesbognar@apache.org> rašė:

Hi Rasa,

I found out you don't need to have an Apache email

account to join the

ASF Slack group.  You can access it here:

https://the-asf.slack.com/join/shared_invite/enQtNzc2ODE3MjI1MDk1LTAyZGJmNTg1NWZhNmVmOWZjMjA2MGUyOGY4MjE5ZGUwOTQxY2Q3MDBmNTM5YTllNGU4M2QyMzQ4M2U4ZjQ5YmY

We have a #dev-juneau channel over there.  It

might be easier to

answer your questions directly (as it supports

richer content than

just plain text).

Also, I've been told by the Outreachy organization

that we should

schedule weekly progress meetings to help assist

you with any issues.

Could we use Slack for that?

I'm in the Eastern Standard timezone (GMT-5).

What time zone are you in?

--

*Software Engineer*

*Salzburg Research Forschungsgesellschaft *

*Salzburg, Austria*