juneau-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <apache....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Juneau Slack channel and weekly discussions of internship progress.
Date Sun, 22 Dec 2019 23:25:44 GMT
Using a direct channel like Slack is fine for this kind of meeting. But early in the Juneau
history we had trouble with Slack not allowing easy transfer of discussions to the dev list.

So it's very important to capture the relevant discussion and send it to the dev list. You
can omit the details but please summarize the issues (especially any friction issues).

Regards,
Craig

> On Dec 19, 2019, at 6:40 AM, Rasa V <fiammara@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi. I joined slack. We can have meetings there. My time zone is GMT +2.
>
> 2019-12-19, kt, 16:27 James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org <mailto:jamesbognar@apache.org>>
rašė:
> Hi Rasa,
>
> I found out you don't need to have an Apache email account to join the
> ASF Slack group.  You can access it here:
> https://the-asf.slack.com/join/shared_invite/enQtNzc2ODE3MjI1MDk1LTAyZGJmNTg1NWZhNmVmOWZjMjA2MGUyOGY4MjE5ZGUwOTQxY2Q3MDBmNTM5YTllNGU4M2QyMzQ4M2U4ZjQ5YmY
<https://the-asf.slack.com/join/shared_invite/enQtNzc2ODE3MjI1MDk1LTAyZGJmNTg1NWZhNmVmOWZjMjA2MGUyOGY4MjE5ZGUwOTQxY2Q3MDBmNTM5YTllNGU4M2QyMzQ4M2U4ZjQ5YmY>

> We have a #dev-juneau channel over there.  It might be easier to
> answer your questions directly (as it supports richer content than
> just plain text).
>
> Also, I've been told by the Outreachy organization that we should
> schedule weekly progress meetings to help assist you with any issues.
> Could we use Slack for that?
>
> I'm in the Eastern Standard timezone (GMT-5).  What time zone are you in?

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org