juneau-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Outreachy candidates and CLAs
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2019 15:32:12 GMT
CLAs aren’t assigning copyright or anything. It’s asserting that you have
the rights to the code being uploaded and are allowing the ASF to use it
under the Apache License. For non-trivial contributions made by
non-committers, it’s typically up to the PMC to decide whether they can
vouch for the contribution themselves or if the contributor should sign an
ICLA.

Basically, the provenance of all code at Apache should be traceable to
committers with an ICLA on file or an initial software grant from the
corporation who donated the code base.