juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <jamesbog...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Applying for the outreachy 2019 december programme.
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2019 14:09:45 GMT
I've gone ahead and split out the PetStore code into 3 projects:

- juneau-examples-petstore-api - PetStore interface and DTOs.
- juneau-examples-petstore-server - The REST implementation of the
PetStore interface.
- juneau-examples-petstore-client - Contains a PetStore remote proxy
and code for populating the database through REST.

As part of this change, I was able to clean up some of the
intra-project dependencies:
- Creating @RemoteResource-annotated interfaces no longer has
dependencies on juneau-rest-server and juneau-rest-client.  You only
need juneau-marshall.
- The juneau-rest-client no longer has a dependency on juneau-rest-server.

I think the petstore apps should probably be put in their own git
repo.  Does anyone know if we can host these directly in GitHub, or do
we need to set up a Gitbox for them?  Do the candidates need to submit
CLAs to contribute to this code?

On Sun, Sep 8, 2019 at 11:20 AM James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org> wrote:

> Sounds good!
>
> On Sun, Sep 8, 2019 at 10:23 AM Ayeshmantha Perera
> <akayeshmantha@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi James
> >
> > I am going to proceed with the application since it's been 8th september I think
it's good to proceed.

> > Ayesh
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 8:19 PM Ayeshmantha Perera <akayeshmantha@gmail.com>
wrote:

> >> Hi James
> >>
> >> Sure let's wait till 7th of September to submit the proposal
> >>
> >> Ayesh

run the sample application then write a small blog post where they can do as a initial contribution.

will be great if u can go through and give feedback on it so  we can finalize the proposal.Am
attaching the modified proposal here with the mail.

pet store example right even for the new spring boot app.

please chime in):

Perera

project no 2.I hope we can come up with detailed requirements for the project no 2.

Ayeshmantha Perera
wrote:

> [...]
for the 2 project ideas.So we can decide which one we proceeding with and come up with a detailed
requirements.

it would be easy for the applicant to get an idea.

good to have.

few tasks in jira
up juneau from the website would be nice to have

having a vote would be ideal to take the decision on the project.

22:46, James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
good so far.  I'm not sure how detailed these
come up with a list of requirements for each.

narrow this down to a single project before we
 I have no strong preferences for either.  The
more inline with actually doing open source
enhancements to the example app would be more
 We should hold a vote.

at 5:08 PM James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
a computer today.  I’ll take a look at these tomorrow.  Thanks!

2019 at 7:14 AM Ayeshmantha Perera <akayeshmantha@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
on the above proposals. Please let me know if anything to be changed.

23, 2019 at 2:27 PM Ayeshmantha Perera <akayeshmantha@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
going through the provided template by org committee. I created similar 2 proposal for the
below 2 projects.

3 support[1].
a Bootstrap/Datatables UI on top of the Petstore sample application[2]

a feed back on the proposal any changes to be done in order to proceed further.

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:42 PM Ayeshmantha Perera <akayeshmantha@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
All

had a discussion with org committee.Few highlighted points as below.

No specific template available for proposal. But gave me a proposal of past outre-achy programme[1].

As James suggests we have 5  ideas listed below.Will have to pick one from the below list.

      a) OpenAPI 3 support.  I know you were working on this back in January.

      b) Java Validation support for the parsers

         (https://www.baeldung.com/javax-validation)

      c) YAML support (might be hard though)

      d) Adding a Bootstrap/Datatables UI on top of the Petstore sample

          application.  This would be fun.

      e) The Server Config API is still in its infancy.  Marcelo may be

           interested in getting some help on it.

 And finally we need approval from Juneau PMC  on the selected projects proposal.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDI/Example+Project.

you