juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <jamesbog...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Applying for the outreachy 2019 december programme.
Date Sun, 08 Sep 2019 15:20:42 GMT
Sounds good!

On Sun, Sep 8, 2019 at 10:23 AM Ayeshmantha Perera
<akayeshmantha@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi James
>
> I am going to proceed with the application since it's been 8th september I think it's
good to proceed.

> Ayesh
>
> On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 8:19 PM Ayeshmantha Perera <akayeshmantha@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi James
>>
>> Sure let's wait till 7th of September to submit the proposal
>>
>> Ayesh
>>

>> On Thu 5. Sep 2019 at 17:22, James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm good with the proposal unless anyone else has input.

sample application then write a small blog post where they can do as a initial contribution.

will be great if u can go through and give feedback on it so  we can finalize the proposal.Am
attaching the modified proposal here with the mail.

store example right even for the new spring boot app.

no 2.I hope we can come up with detailed requirements for the project no 2.

Perera

the 2 project ideas.So we can decide which one we proceeding with and come up with a detailed
requirements.

it would be easy for the applicant to get an idea.

to have.

tasks in jira
from the website would be nice to have

a vote would be ideal to take the decision on the project.

so far.  I'm not sure how detailed these
up with a list of requirements for each.

this down to a single project before we
have no strong preferences for either.  The
inline with actually doing open source
to the example app would be more
should hold a vote.

5:08 PM James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
today.  I’ll take a look at these tomorrow.  Thanks!

at 7:14 AM Ayeshmantha Perera <akayeshmantha@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
the above proposals. Please let me know if anything to be changed.

2019 at 2:27 PM Ayeshmantha Perera <akayeshmantha@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
through the provided template by org committee. I created similar 2 proposal for the below
2 projects.

support[1].
Bootstrap/Datatables UI on top of the Petstore sample application[2]

back on the proposal any changes to be done in order to proceed further.

21, 2019 at 9:42 PM Ayeshmantha Perera <akayeshmantha@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
discussion with org committee.Few highlighted points as below.

template available for proposal. But gave me a proposal of past outre-achy programme[1].

suggests we have 5  ideas listed below.Will have to pick one from the below list.

 a) OpenAPI 3 support.  I know you were working on this back in January.

 b) Java Validation support for the parsers

    (https://www.baeldung.com/javax-validation)

 c) YAML support (might be hard though)

 d) Adding a Bootstrap/Datatables UI on top of the Petstore sample

     application.  This would be fun.

 e) The Server Config API is still in its infancy.  Marcelo may be

      interested in getting some help on it.

finally we need approval from Juneau PMC  on the selected projects proposal.