juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <jamesbog...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Applying for the outreachy 2019 december programme.
Date Mon, 09 Sep 2019 15:36:25 GMT
I asked on Slack and it sounds like these would have to be hosted on
Gitbox.  I'll start that process.

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 10:09 AM James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org> wrote:

> I've gone ahead and split out the PetStore code into 3 projects:
>
> - juneau-examples-petstore-api - PetStore interface and DTOs.
> - juneau-examples-petstore-server - The REST implementation of the
> PetStore interface.
> - juneau-examples-petstore-client - Contains a PetStore remote proxy
> and code for populating the database through REST.
>
> As part of this change, I was able to clean up some of the
> intra-project dependencies:
> - Creating @RemoteResource-annotated interfaces no longer has
> dependencies on juneau-rest-server and juneau-rest-client.  You only
> need juneau-marshall.
> - The juneau-rest-client no longer has a dependency on juneau-rest-server.
>
> I think the petstore apps should probably be put in their own git
> repo.  Does anyone know if we can host these directly in GitHub, or do
> we need to set up a Gitbox for them?  Do the candidates need to submit
> CLAs to contribute to this code?
>
> On Sun, Sep 8, 2019 at 11:20 AM James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Sounds good!
> >
> > On Sun, Sep 8, 2019 at 10:23 AM Ayeshmantha Perera
> > <akayeshmantha@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi James
> > >
> > > I am going to proceed with the application since it's been 8th september I
think it's good to proceed.

> > > Ayesh

 and run the sample application then write a small blog post where they can do as a initial
contribution.

will be great if u can go through and give feedback on it so  we can finalize the proposal.Am
attaching the modified proposal here with the mail.

the pet store example right even for the new spring boot app.

please chime in):
from examples app)

Perera

with project no 2.I hope we can come up with detailed requirements for the project no 2.

PM Ayeshmantha Perera
wrote:

> [...]
vote for the 2 project ideas.So we can decide which one we proceeding with and come up with
a detailed requirements.

12:39 AM Ayeshmantha Perera <akayeshmantha@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
detailed it would be easy for the applicant to get an idea.

and good to have.

labeled few tasks in jira
set up juneau from the website would be nice to have

having a vote would be ideal to take the decision on the project.

at 22:46, James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
look good so far.  I'm not sure how detailed these
I could come up with a list of requirements for each.

to narrow this down to a single project before we
 I have no strong preferences for either.  The
is more inline with actually doing open source
But the enhancements to the example app would be more
fun.  We should hold a vote.

2019 at 5:08 PM James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
from a computer today.  I’ll take a look at these tomorrow.  Thanks!

24, 2019 at 7:14 AM Ayeshmantha Perera <akayeshmantha@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
back on the above proposals. Please let me know if anything to be changed.

Aug 23, 2019 at 2:27 PM Ayeshmantha Perera <akayeshmantha@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
James

going through the provided template by org committee. I created similar 2 proposal for the
below 2 projects.

3 support[1].
a Bootstrap/Datatables UI on top of the Petstore sample application[2]

me a feed back on the proposal any changes to be done in order to proceed further.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1w4ju4LWVbCulkn3wJsgKyOz9j9Mrbybki9V88FHvmCk/edit?usp=sharing