juneau-dev mailing list archives

From Ayeshmantha Perera <akayeshman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: August Juneau board report.
Date Mon, 19 Aug 2019 22:10:34 GMT
Hi @James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org>

The ASF has successfully been accepted as a participating FOSS
community in the Outreachy Program [1] to work with Outreachy organizers
to offer remote internships to applicants around the world.  With this
program, we are looking forward to improving inclusion in our
communities by understanding what are the barriers that underrepresented
groups in the tech industry have while trying to start their journey.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDI/2019/08/19/Seeking+volunteer+mentors+from+all+Apache+projects+to+help+mentor+under-represented+contributors
has the full post.

I think this will be a great opportunity for get the potential developers
who willing to work on the project.
This programme is also similar to GSoC.If we are moving forward would like
to work as a mentor or backup mentor on the programme

Thank you
Regards
Ayesh