juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <jamesbog...@apache.org>
Subject Re: August Juneau board report.
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2019 13:57:30 GMT
Throwing out some ideas:

1) OpenAPI 3 support.  I know you were working on this back in January.
2) Java Validation support for the parsers
(https://www.baeldung.com/javax-validation)
3) YAML support (might be hard though)
4) Adding a Bootstrap/Datatables UI on top of the Petstore sample
application.  This would be fun.
5) The Server Config API is still in its infancy.  Marcelo may be
interested in getting some help on it.

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 8:29 AM Ayeshmantha Perera
<akayeshmantha@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> It's great to hear from you James.Yes I know the time limitation problems.Will it be
possible for us to define a task which can be broken in to sub tasks for the Applicant to
work during the period of time.
> Because we have to submit a proposal to outre-achy.I can work on the proposal if we can
define a task which intern can work for 4 months.

> Regards
> Ayesh
>
> On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 2:45 PM James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ayesh,
>>
>> Go for it.  I can try to assist but my time is likely to be limited
>> over the next couple of months.
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 6:10 PM Ayeshmantha Perera
>> <akayeshmantha@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi @James Bognar
>> >
>> > The ASF has successfully been accepted as a participating FOSS
>> > community in the Outreachy Program [1] to work with Outreachy organizers
>> > to offer remote internships to applicants around the world.  With this
>> > program, we are looking forward to improving inclusion in our
>> > communities by understanding what are the barriers that underrepresented
>> > groups in the tech industry have while trying to start their journey.
>> >
>> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/EDI/2019/08/19/Seeking+volunteer+mentors+from+all+Apache+projects+to+help+mentor+under-represented+contributors
>> > has the full post.
>> >
>> > I think this will be a great opportunity for get the potential developers who
willing to work on the project.
>> > This programme is also similar to GSoC.If we are moving forward would like to
work as a mentor or backup mentor on the programme

>> > Thank you
>> > Regards
>> > Ayesh

REST