juneau-dev mailing list archives

From Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>
Subject Re: August Juneau board report.
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2019 14:46:00 GMT
On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 09:16:12 -0400, James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org> wrote:
> Here's the board report being submitted for August:
>
> https://whimsy.apache.org/board/agenda/2019-08-21/Juneau

As that site is only accessible for ASF members, see below:

The mission of Apache Juneau is the creation and maintenance of software
related to a toolkit for marshalling POJOs to a wide variety of content types
using a common framework, and for creating sophisticated self-documenting REST
interfaces and microservices using VERY little code

## Issues:
No issues to report.

## Membership Data:
Apache Juneau was founded 2017-10-17 (2 years ago) There are currently 12
committers and 12 PMC members in this project. The Committer-to-PMC ratio is
1:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Ayeshmantha Perera on 2019-01-02.
- No new committers. Last addition was Ayeshmantha Perera on 2019-01-02.

## Project Activity:
Version 8.0.0 was released on 2018-12-13.  The community is currently voting
on version 8.1.0 which includes significant new functionality for use in
Spring Boot applications.  We hope to have this released within the next 1-2
weeks.

One of our newer members is working on a new component for a configuration
server.

## Community Health:
dev@juneau.apache.org had a 95% increase in traffic in the past quarter (92
emails compared to 47) 20 issues opened in JIRA, past quarter (66% increase)
21 issues closed in JIRA, past quarter (320% increase) 120 commits in the past
quarter (15% increase)

Our active community continues to be small and we have struggled to attract
new developers willing to make code contributions.  Our code base is rather
mature/complex and can be daunting for new developers to pick up.  Most of the
current JIRA issues are rather complex feature requests.  Low-hanging fruit
for new developers is not always available.  All code commits within the past
6 months have come from 2 developers.

The PMC Chair believes the project needs more exposure through external
articles which current members have not had time to devote.