juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <jamesbog...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Project Juneau
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2018 01:41:21 GMT
Hi Marcelo (and all),

I've added a new juneau-examples-rest-springboot project with a bare-bones
Spring Boot integration.  If you're using eclipse, it can be launched using
juneau-examples-rest-springboot.launch.  It runs on port 5000.

I initially tried adding Spring Boot support to juneau-examples-rest but it
was messing up the shaded jar by introducing a bunch of dependencies for
Spring.  So instead, juneau-examples-rest-springboot extends from
juneau-examples-rest, and juneau-examples-rest is the same as before.

juneau-examples-rest build will produce a juneau-examples-rest.bin.zip that
can be loaded as an Eclipse project as a normal Juneau/Jetty-based
microservice.

juneau-examples-rest-springboot build will produce a
juneau-examples-rest-springboot.bin.zip that can be loaded as an Eclipse
project as a Spring-Boot-based microservice.  It uses an implementation of
a RestResourceResolver that uses the Spring app context to find child
resources.  This allows for child resources to be implemented as injectable
Spring beans.  It should behave identically to juneau-examples-rest except
without the console support.

I only got this working a couple of minutes ago, so no guarantees :-)

Also, no documentation yet.  And caveat....I'm by no means a Spring expert,
so buyer beware.