juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <jamesbog...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Regarding Juneau Project Contribution
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2018 14:40:31 GMT
Another thought...

We could use how-to articles published out on the web (dzone, stacktrace,
etc...).  I see you're writing examples on serialization.  Articles to go
along with those examples would be really helpful.

I personally haven't had time to write any articles, and I'm not even sure
where are good places to post anymore.

Anyone know popular websites for posting open source articles nowadays?

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 10:39 PM Shalitha Suranga <shalithasuranga@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi James
>
> Nice to see the future work. Thank you
>
> On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 12:26 AM James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Shalitha,
>>
>> I'm open to ideas.
>>
>> Future work that comes to mind:
>>
>>    - YAML support.
>>    This is kind of big though.  You would essentially be cloning the
>>    JSON serializers and parsers and converting them to use YAML syntax.
>>
>>    - Other possible languages:  BSON, Protobuf, Amazon Ion
>>
>>    - @JsonSchema validation support for all serializers and parsers.
>>    This is also kind of big.  Basically you would adding
>>    SERIALIZER_validating and PARSER_validating settings (disabled by default)
>>    that would allow automatic schema validation of input and output just like
>>    we do for the OpenAPI serializer and parser.
>>
>>    - Investigate OpenAPI 3 support.  The Swagger API is currently at
>>    Swagger 2.0.
>>
>>    - FreeMarker integration.
>>
>>    - Proofread documentation.  It would be good to clean up areas that
>>    are confusing.
>>
>> Does anyone have a wish list they'd like to contribute?
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 12:06 PM Shalitha Suranga <
>> shalithasuranga@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi.. James
>>>
>>> Can you advice about some planned features of Juneau.? I am looking for
>>> some tasks to contribute.
>>> Thus I am checking each feature and looking what is missing
>>>
>>> Thanks

I haven't