juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <jamesbog...@apache.org>
Subject Breaking changes in 7.2.0. Plans for 7.2.1, 8.0.0
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2018 16:47:10 GMT
Hi all,

In hindsight, Juneau 7.2.0 should have been released as Juneau 8 due to
breaking changes.  Particularly, the server and client side annotations
were merged into a single set of annotations.  I'm now getting negative
feedback for that decision (rightly so).

My plan to fix this is to revert the changes made in 7.2.0 and to
re-release 7.1.1 as 7.2.1.  Then release Juneau 8 with the latest bug fixes
included.  Given the significant changes made in 7.2.0, I do not believe
it's possible to fix backwards compatibility (just unmerging those
annotations would explode the code complexity).