juneau-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Breaking changes in 7.2.0. Plans for 7.2.1, 8.0.0
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2018 20:15:24 GMT
https://github.com/apache/juneau/pull/9: When I update from Apache
HttpClient 4.5.4 to 4.5.6, the failure goes away and the build completes!

Gary

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 2:03 PM Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:

> It always happen from Maven but NOT from Eclipse... weird!
>
> Gary
>
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 2:01 PM James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Does it happen consistently?  I remember seeing this sort of issue back
>> when we were using an older version of Apache HttpClient in Juneau 6.4.0 .
>> Ever since we upgraded to the latest HttpClient, the problem appeared to go
>> away.  It showed up as a "Broken Pipe" error but I recall also sometimes
>> seeing this recv failed message as well.  I tried using Fiddler to debug
>> the issue at the time to no avail.  The connection was simply getting lost
>> somewhere between HttpClient and Jetty.
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 3:42 PM Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All:
>>>
>>> I created a PR: https://github.com/apache/juneau/pull/8
>>>
>>> The next error I get is:
>>>
>>> [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------
>>> [INFO]  T E S T S
>>> [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------
>>> [INFO] Running org.apache.juneau.examples.rest._TestSuite
>>> Running class 'RestMicroservice' using config file 'examples.cfg'.
>>> Server started on port 10000
>>>
>>> List of available commands:
>>>         exit -- Shut down service
>>>         restart -- Restarts service
>>>         help -- Commands help
>>>         echo -- Echo command
>>>
>>> > log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
>>> (org.apache.http.client.protocol.RequestAddCookies).
>>> log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
>>> log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig
>>> for more info.
>>> WARNING:  RestClient garbage collected before it was finalized.
>>> Creation stack traces can be displayed by setting the system property
>>> 'org.apache.juneau.rest.client.RestClient.trackLifecycle' to true.
>>> Stopping server.
>>> Server stopped.
>>> [ERROR] Tests run: 31, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
>>> 10.43 s <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.juneau.examples.rest._TestSuite
>>> [ERROR]
>>> testProxyInterface(org.apache.juneau.examples.rest.AddressBookResourceTest)
>>> Time elapsed: 0.048 s  <<< ERROR!
>>> java.lang.RuntimeException:
>>> org.apache.juneau.rest.client.RestCallException: Software caused connection
>>> abort: recv failed
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.juneau.examples.rest.AddressBookResourceTest.testProxyInterface(AddressBookResourceTest.java:299)
>>> Caused by: org.apache.juneau.rest.client.RestCallException: Software
>>> caused connection abort: recv failed
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.juneau.examples.rest.AddressBookResourceTest.testProxyInterface(AddressBookResourceTest.java:299)
>>> Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort:
>>> recv failed
>>>         at
>>> org.apache.juneau.examples.rest.AddressBookResourceTest.testProxyInterface(AddressBookResourceTest.java:299)
>>>
>>> [INFO]
>>> [INFO] Results:
>>> [INFO]
>>> [ERROR] Errors:
>>> [ERROR]   AddressBookResourceTest.testProxyInterface:299 » Runtime
>>> org.apache.juneau.res...
>>> [INFO]
>>> [ERROR] Tests run: 31, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0
>>> [INFO]
>>>
>>> Gary
>>>
>>> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 1:29 PM Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> [re-sending]
>>>> Oh, I see, your test fixtures use hardwired line-endings, obvious not
>>>> portable. Instead you should do something like this:
>>>>
>>>> String EOL = System.getProperty("line.separator");
>>>>
>>>> String r = ""
>>>> + "@prefix jp:      <http://www.apache.org/juneaubp/> ." + EOL
>>>> + "@prefix j:       <http://www.apache.org/juneau/> ." + EOL
>>>> + EOL
>>>> + "[]    j:value \"foo\" ." + EOL;
>>>>
>>>> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 1:29 PM Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Oh, I see, your test fixtures use hardwired line-endings, obvious not
>>>>> portable. Instead you should do something like this:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 1:02 PM Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi James and all:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> For org.apache.juneau.marshall.N3Test.write1(), m.toString("foo")
is:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>  (java.lang.String) @prefix jp:      <http://www.apache.org/juneaubp/>
>>>>>> .
>>>>>> @prefix j:       <http://www.apache.org/juneau/> .
>>>>>>
>>>>>> []    j:value "foo" .
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Gary
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 9:11 AM James Bognar <jamesbognar@apache.org>
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hi Gary,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> It's hard to read the output.  Is the difference "]    j:value
>>>>>>> "foo" .]" vs "[]    j:value "foo" .]"?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I've had problems in the past writing unit tests for the RDF
>>>>>>> languages because the output is sometimes not consistent.  For
example,
>>>>>>> triples are not guaranteed to be serialized in the same order
each time, so
>>>>>>> I've had to use tricks such as sorting results before comparison.
 Our code
>>>>>>> does not have control over how Jena serialized the RDF model.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> This is a basic sanity test.  I'm surprised it's causing an issue.
>>>>>>> It is a new test in 7.2.0 though.  Could you tell me what the
output is
>>>>>>> from the call to m.toString("foo")?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I'm not an RDF expert, so maybe Peter Haumer can chime in?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 9:20 PM Gary Gregory <garydgregory@gmail.com>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 6:40 PM James Bognar <jamesbognar@gmail.com>
>>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> I’ll continue work on number 2.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Thank you James!
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I tried to build Juneau git master locally with:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Apache Maven 3.5.4 (1edded0938998edf8bf061f1ceb3cfdeccf443fe;
>>>>>>>> 2018-06-17T12:33:14-06:00)
>>>>>>>> Maven home: C:\Java\apache-maven-3.5.4\bin\..
>>>>>>>> Java version: 1.8.0_181, vendor: Oracle Corporation, runtime:
>>>>>>>> C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_181\jre
>>>>>>>> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
>>>>>>>> OS name: "windows 10", version: "10.0", arch: "amd64", family:
>>>>>>>> "windows"
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> but I got:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> [INFO] Running org.apache.juneau.xml.XmlTest
>>>>>>>> [INFO] Tests run: 27, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0,
Time
>>>>>>>> elapsed: 0.015 s - in org.apache.juneau.xml.XmlTest
>>>>>>>> [INFO]
>>>>>>>> [INFO] Results:
>>>>>>>> [INFO]
>>>>>>>> [ERROR] Failures:
>>>>>>>> [ERROR]   N3Test.toString1:45 expected:<...che.org/juneaubp/>
.[
>>>>>>>> @prefix j:       <http://www.apache.org/juneau/> .
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> []    j:value "foo" .]
>>>>>>>> > but was:<...che.org/juneaubp/> .[
>>>>>>>> @prefix j:       <http://www.apache.org/juneau/> .
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> ]]    j:value "foo" .
>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>> [ERROR]   N3Test.write1:33 expected:<...che.org/juneaubp/>
.[
>>>>>>>> @prefix j:       <http://www.apache.org/juneau/> .
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> []    j:value "foo" .]
>>>>>>>> > but was:<...che.org/juneaubp/> .[
>>>>>>>> @prefix j:       <http://www.apache.org/juneau/> .
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> ]]    j:value "foo" .
>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>> [ERROR]   N3Test.write2:40 expected:<...che.org/juneaubp/>
.[
>>>>>>>> @prefix j:       <http://www.apache.org/juneau/> .
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> []    j:value "foo" .]
>>>>>>>> > but was:<...che.org/juneaubp/> .[
>>>>>>>> @prefix j:       <http://www.apache.org/juneau/> .
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> ]]    j:value "foo" .
>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>> [ERROR]   TurtleTest.toString1:45 expected:<...che.org/juneaubp/>
>>>>>>>> .[
>>>>>>>> @prefix j:       <http://www.apache.org/juneau/> .
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> []    j:value "foo" .]
>>>>>>>> > but was:<...che.org/juneaubp/> .[
>>>>>>>> @prefix j:       <http://www.apache.org/juneau/> .
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> ]]    j:value "foo" .
>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>> [ERROR]   TurtleTest.write1:33 expected:<...che.org/juneaubp/>
.[
>>>>>>>> @prefix j:       <http://www.apache.org/juneau/> .
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> []    j:value "foo" .]
>>>>>>>> > but was:<...che.org/juneaubp/> .[
>>>>>>>> @prefix j:       <http://www.apache.org/juneau/> .
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> ]]    j:value "foo" .
>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>> [ERROR]   TurtleTest.write2:40 expected:<...che.org/juneaubp/>
.[
>>>>>>>> @prefix j:       <http://www.apache.org/juneau/> .
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> []    j:value "foo" .]
>>>>>>>> > but was:<...che.org/juneaubp/> .[
>>>>>>>> @prefix j:       <http://www.apache.org/juneau/> .
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> ]]    j:value "foo" .
>>>>>>>> >
>>>>>>>> [INFO]
>>>>>>>> [ERROR] Tests run: 18397, Failures: 6, Errors: 0, Skipped:
1
>>>>>>>> [INFO]
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Any ideas? This is not urgent.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Gary
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 8:38 PM Gary Gregory <
>>>>>>>>> garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Looking at sources, it seems to me the choices are:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> 1) Do nothing and break all existing apps; obviously
not
>>>>>>>>>> acceptable.
>>>>>>>>>> 2) Update the whole code base so that both old and
new annotation
>>>>>>>>>> are handled. I see > 400 references to the Query
annotation for example,
>>>>>>>>>> so, yikes; granted some of those references are in
Javadocs.
>>>>>>>>>> 3) "Disown" 7.2.0 and move the annotations back to
their original
>>>>>>>>>> locations for 7.2.1. Not good either since that would
break BC for 7.2.0
>>>>>>>>>> apps; see 1) above. Note that it does not matter
how recently 7.2.0 was
>>>>>>>>>> released.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> It seems that the only sensible solution is 2)
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Thoughts?
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Gary
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 5:50 PM Gary Gregory <
>>>>>>>>>> garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> It looks like org.apache.juneau.rest.RestContext.findParams()
>>>>>>>>>>> does not take into account the deprecated annotations...
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Gary
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 4:54 PM Gary Gregory
<
>>>>>>>>>>> garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Hm... on startup, I get:
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Running class 'RestMicroservice' using config
file
>>>>>>>>>>>> 'src\main\config\admin-microservice.cfg'.
>>>>>>>>>>>> 2018-10-15 16:51:22,216 INFO
>>>>>>>>>>>> [com.rs.seagull.httpmonitor.test.NHttpReverseProxyTestRule$1][]
Logging
>>>>>>>>>>>> initialized @4407ms to org.apache.logging.log4j.appserver.jetty.Log4j2Logger
>>>>>>>>>>>> Server started on port 1103
>>>>>>>>>>>> Servlet init error on class
>>>>>>>>>>>> 'com.rs.seagull.httpmonitor.admin.AdminRootResources'
>>>>>>>>>>>> java.lang.RuntimeException:
>>>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.juneau.rest.RestServletException:
Problem occurred trying to
>>>>>>>>>>>> serialize methods on class
>>>>>>>>>>>> com.rs.seagull.httpmonitor.admin.AdminRootResources,
>>>>>>>>>>>> methods=['shutdown,PUT,/shutdown','resume,PUT,/resume','reset,PUT,/reset','getStatus,GET,/status','getConfiguration,GET,/configuration','getInfo,GET,/info','reconfigure,POST,/reconfigure']
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.juneau.rest.RestContextBuilder.build(RestContextBuilder.java:262)
>>>>>>>>>>>> at org.apache.juneau.rest.RestServlet.init(RestServlet.java:53)
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.initServlet(ServletHolder.java:670)
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.getServlet(ServletHolder.java:519)
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> com.rs.seagull.httpmonitor.NHttpReverseProxy.installProxy(NHttpReverseProxy.java:1867)
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> com.rs.seagull.httpmonitor.NHttpReverseProxy.installAdmin(NHttpReverseProxy.java:1823)
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> com.rs.seagull.httpmonitor.NHttpReverseProxy.goLoop(NHttpReverseProxy.java:1533)
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> com.rs.seagull.httpmonitor.test.NHttpReverseProxyTestRule$1.lambda$0(NHttpReverseProxyTestRule.java:191)
>>>>>>>>>>>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
>>>>>>>>>>>> Caused by: org.apache.juneau.rest.RestServletException:
Problem
>>>>>>>>>>>> occurred trying to serialize methods on class
>>>>>>>>>>>> com.rs.seagull.httpmonitor.admin.AdminRootResources,
>>>>>>>>>>>> methods=['shutdown,PUT,/shutdown','resume,PUT,/resume','reset,PUT,/reset','getStatus,GET,/status','getConfiguration,GET,/configuration','getInfo,GET,/info','reconfigure,POST,/reconfigure']
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.juneau.rest.RestContext.<init>(RestContext.java:3303)
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.juneau.rest.RestContextBuilder.build(RestContextBuilder.java:258)
>>>>>>>>>>>> ... 8 more
>>>>>>>>>>>> *Caused by: org.apache.juneau.rest.RestServletException:
>>>>>>>>>>>> Invalid parameter specified for method
>>>>>>>>>>>> 'com.rs.seagull.httpmonitor.admin.AdminRootResources.reconfigure(String,Reader)'
>>>>>>>>>>>> at index position 0*
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.juneau.rest.RestContext.findParams(RestContext.java:4613)
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.juneau.rest.RestJavaMethod$Builder.<init>(RestJavaMethod.java:394)
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.juneau.rest.RestJavaMethod.<init>(RestJavaMethod.java:92)
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.juneau.rest.RestContext.<init>(RestContext.java:3236)
>>>>>>>>>>>> ... 9 more
>>>>>>>>>>>> 2018-10-15 16:51:23,700 WARN
>>>>>>>>>>>> [com.rs.seagull.httpmonitor.test.NHttpReverseProxyTestRule$1][o.e.j.s.h.C.ROOT]
>>>>>>>>>>>> unavailable
>>>>>>>>>>>> java.lang.RuntimeException:
>>>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.juneau.rest.RestServletException:
Problem occurred trying to
>>>>>>>>>>>> serialize methods on class
>>>>>>>>>>>> com.rs.seagull.httpmonitor.admin.AdminRootResources,
>>>>>>>>>>>> methods=['shutdown,PUT,/shutdown','resume,PUT,/resume','reset,PUT,/reset','getStatus,GET,/status','getConfiguration,GET,/configuration','getInfo,GET,/info','reconfigure,POST,/reconfigure']
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.juneau.rest.RestContextBuilder.build(RestContextBuilder.java:262)
>>>>>>>>>>>> ~[juneau-rest-server-7.2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.2.1-SNAPSHOT]
>>>>>>>>>>>> at org.apache.juneau.rest.RestServlet.init(RestServlet.java:53)
>>>>>>>>>>>> ~[juneau-rest-server-7.2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.2.1-SNAPSHOT]
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.initServlet(ServletHolder.java:670)
>>>>>>>>>>>> ~[jetty-servlet-9.4.12.v20180830.jar:9.4.12.v20180830]
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.getServlet(ServletHolder.java:519)
>>>>>>>>>>>> ~[jetty-servlet-9.4.12.v20180830.jar:9.4.12.v20180830]
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> com.rs.seagull.httpmonitor.NHttpReverseProxy.installProxy(NHttpReverseProxy.java:1867)
>>>>>>>>>>>> ~[classes/:?]
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> com.rs.seagull.httpmonitor.NHttpReverseProxy.installAdmin(NHttpReverseProxy.java:1823)
>>>>>>>>>>>> ~[classes/:?]
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> com.rs.seagull.httpmonitor.NHttpReverseProxy.goLoop(NHttpReverseProxy.java:1533)
>>>>>>>>>>>> ~[classes/:?]
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> com.rs.seagull.httpmonitor.test.NHttpReverseProxyTestRule$1.lambda$0(NHttpReverseProxyTestRule.java:191)
>>>>>>>>>>>> ~[test-classes/:?]
>>>>>>>>>>>> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[?:1.8.0_181]
>>>>>>>>>>>> Caused by: org.apache.juneau.rest.RestServletException:
Problem
>>>>>>>>>>>> occurred trying to serialize methods on class
>>>>>>>>>>>> com.rs.seagull.httpmonitor.admin.AdminRootResources,
>>>>>>>>>>>> methods=['shutdown,PUT,/shutdown','resume,PUT,/resume','reset,PUT,/reset','getStatus,GET,/status','getConfiguration,GET,/configuration','getInfo,GET,/info','reconfigure,POST,/reconfigure']
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.juneau.rest.RestContext.<init>(RestContext.java:3303)
>>>>>>>>>>>> ~[juneau-rest-server-7.2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.2.1-SNAPSHOT]
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.juneau.rest.RestContextBuilder.build(RestContextBuilder.java:258)
>>>>>>>>>>>> ~[juneau-rest-server-7.2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.2.1-SNAPSHOT]
>>>>>>>>>>>> ... 8 more
>>>>>>>>>>>> Caused by: org.apache.juneau.rest.RestServletException:
Invalid
>>>>>>>>>>>> parameter specified for method
>>>>>>>>>>>> 'com.rs.seagull.httpmonitor.admin.AdminRootResources.reconfigure(String,Reader)'
>>>>>>>>>>>> at index position 0
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.juneau.rest.RestContext.findParams(RestContext.java:4613)
>>>>>>>>>>>> ~[juneau-rest-server-7.2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.2.1-SNAPSHOT]
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.juneau.rest.RestJavaMethod$Builder.<init>(RestJavaMethod.java:394)
>>>>>>>>>>>> ~[juneau-rest-server-7.2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.2.1-SNAPSHOT]
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.juneau.rest.RestJavaMethod.<init>(RestJavaMethod.java:92)
>>>>>>>>>>>> ~[juneau-rest-server-7.2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.2.1-SNAPSHOT]
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.juneau.rest.RestContext.<init>(RestContext.java:3236)
>>>>>>>>>>>> ~[juneau-rest-server-7.2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.2.1-SNAPSHOT]
>>>>>>>>>>>> at
>>>>>>>>>>>> org.apache.juneau.rest.RestContextBuilder.build(RestContextBuilder.java:258)
>>>>>>>>>>>> ~[juneau-rest-server-7.2.1-SNAPSHOT.jar:7.2.1-SNAPSHOT]
>>>>>>>>>>>> ... 8 more
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Thoughts?
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Gary
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 9:12 AM Gary Gregory
<
>>>>>>>>>>>> garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Yep, it compiles, trying the runtime
now...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gary
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 7:42 AM James
Bognar <
>>>>>>>>>>>>> jamesbognar@apache.org> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fixed.  You can try again.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 10:07 PM
Gary Gregory <
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi James:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Using 7.2.1-SNAPSHOT, I only
have one (1) compiler error:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The import org.apache.juneau.xml.XmlSchemaDocSerializer
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> cannot be resolved.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gary
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 1:38
PM Gary Gregory <
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thank you, I should be home
to take a look tonight...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gary
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Sat, Oct 13, 2018, 17:36
James Bognar <
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> jamesbognar@apache.org>
wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi Gary.  Just delivered
the changes.  You can try them
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> out now.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Fri, Oct 12, 2018
at 6:19 PM James Bognar <
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> jamesbognar@apache.org>
wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I'm going to need
a couple of days to make those
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> changes.  I'll announce
when they're ready.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Fri, Oct 12, 2018
at 4:25 PM Gary Gregory <
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> garydgregory@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Thu, Oct 11,
2018 at 11:32 AM Gary Gregory <
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> garydgregory@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Thu, Oct
11, 2018 at 11:28 AM James Bognar <
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> jamesbognar@apache.org>
wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Yes,
I will try my best to try to add in backwards
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> compatibility
in 7.2.1.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Great and
thank you, I can test a SNAPSHOT version when
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> you give
the go ahead.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> May you please
indicate a time-frame for which I should
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> set aside some
time for testing a SNAPSHOT?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thank you,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gary
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gary
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Thu,
Oct 11, 2018 at 1:21 PM Gary Gregory <
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> garydgregory@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On
Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 11:17 AM James Bognar <
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> jamesbognar@apache.org>
wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Yea I can do that.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi
James,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> My
goal, which I hope you share is:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> -
Update from 7.1.0 to 7.2.1 as a drop-in replacement
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (skipping
7.2.0 altogether.)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> -
Follow the @deprecated warnings and update my
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> source
code.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> -
Update to the next release, whenever that is, as a
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> drop
in replacement. Would that then be 8.0?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Is
that how you see it?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gary
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 1:15 PM Gary Gregory <
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
garydgregory@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 10:47 AM James Bognar <
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
jamesbognar@apache.org> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hi all,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
In hindsight, Juneau 7.2.0 should have been
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
released as Juneau 8 due to breaking changes.  Particularly, the server and
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
client side annotations were merged into a single set of annotations.  I'm
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
now getting negative feedback for that decision (rightly so).
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
My plan to fix this is to revert the changes made
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
in 7.2.0 and to re-release 7.1.1 as 7.2.1.  Then release Juneau 8 with the
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
latest bug fixes included.  Given the significant changes made in 7.2.0, I
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
do not believe it's possible to fix backwards compatibility (just unmerging
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
those annotations would explode the code complexity).
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Thank you for that. But will there be @deprecated
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
comments so that we can move to the new code?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Gary
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mime
View raw message