juneau-dev mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Simplified release PROPOSE emails
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2017 00:16:23 GMT
I forget, why did we start the propose emails in the first place?

I think when we were talking about it, I brought up how I've seen it in
some projects where someone sends an email along the lines of "HEADS UP -
I'm going to cut a release X.Y next week/some specific day"

I don't think we should specifically timebox it, but do send out a heads up
that maybe you're about to start a release.  I know when we first started
up in the incubator you raised the note of IBM releases basically being "I
need a new version now" vs the ASF 3 days voting process.

John