juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <jamesbog...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Better Swagger UI?
Date Thu, 28 Dec 2017 01:35:51 GMT
Hi Gary,

I have actually been giving that some thoughts.  I haven't looked at the
Swagger code.  Since we produce Swagger 2.0 JSON, it might be easy to plug
it in and generate the page from our servlets?

The approach I had been kicking around was creating our own Swagger HTML
beans to generate the same look-and-feel shown on that page.  The
HtmlRender objects are open-ended and allow you to produce any
HTML/CSS/Javascript combination.  So creating the same basic look and
behavior should be possible (although the dynamic "try-it-out" behavior
would be stretching it).

Approach #1 would require a new code dependency (and licensing concerns?).
Approach #2 would be more work (probably).

The other feature enhancement I was considering was aggregated Swagger
docs.  Currently, each resource/servlet has it's own Swagger doc.  It
wouldn't be difficult to aggregate them by traversing the child resources
so that the entire uber-Swagger doc could be retrieved from the root
resource.

btw....I haven't forgotten about the doc request for changing the page
icon.  I'm planning on including the info in a general "branding"
documentation section.