juneau-dev mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <johndam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Ready for graduation?
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2017 02:30:39 GMT
I'd also be happy to stay on the PMC.

I've mentioned before what I'd like to see the flow be, based on what I've
seen as successful.

- Have a formal discussion here, if we think we're good that's fine.
- Start a vote.  We'll want to forward the vote to the IPMC on general@
- Prepare the charter, Craig's sent out links for this
- Once we've agreed on the charter here, use that as the basis for
discussion on general@incubator
- Start & complete the vote (normal 72 hour window)

Once we get through that, we'll go over how to submit the resolution to the
board.

I have updated the status file if anyone else can review it -
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/juneau.html

James, if you can send out specifically what links are broken that would
help.  The most common issue I've seen is link: not converting properly.
It's a weird reason each time.

John

On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 8:24 PM Craig Russell <apache.clr@gmail.com> wrote:

> Next step would be to draft a graduation proposal, which you can find
> here: https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/juneau
>
> The page suggests discussing the proposal on the PPMC private list but I
> think there is benefit in discussing on the dev list.
>
> Circulate the proposal, see if everyone who is proposed to be on the PMC
> wants to continue. See if there is a volunteer to be PMC chair, recognizing
> that PMC chair is simply administrative not leadership.
>
> Personally, I'd like to continue to contribute as part of the PMC.
>
> Craig
>
> > On Oct 1, 2017, at 12:26 PM, James Bognar <jamesbognar@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I think we’re in agreement that we would like to go forward (or at least
> > haven’t seen any objections).  I think we should start a vote.
> >
> > I’ll be willing to work on the proposal/charter.
> >
> > BTW....this page has many dead links...
> > https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html
> >

> > On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 11:11 AM John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Ping.
> >>
> >> Guys, what can I do to help keep this going?
> >>
> >> John

> >> the

> >> "Juneau"?

> >> jamesbognar@apache.org