juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <jamesbog...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Green light to start graduation infra steps?
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2017 13:33:04 GMT
Thanks John.

That makes complete sense to me.

My confusion stems from this info in the graduation guide which says to
start the press release process as soon as you send the resolution to the
board...
*Press Releases for new TLPs*

*Once there is clear consensus that the recommendation will happen, a
member of the PPMC should contact ASF Marketing & Publicity
at press(at)apache(dot)org if your project is interested in a formal press
release announcing your graduation. This should be done roughly at the same
time that the board resolution is sent.*

That step seems premature to me since there is much work to get done before
we can produce an "official" non-incubating release, and as you said,
there's no guarantee that the board will accept anyway.