juneau-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Blackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] PPMC recommendation vote for graduation of Apache Juneau
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2017 04:01:13 GMT
+1

Juneau is an excellent addition to Apache.

I wish to join the newly established PMC.

On Oct 3, 2017 8:15 PM, "Stian Soiland-Reyes" <stain@apache.org> wrote:

On 3 Oct 2017 3:00 pm, "James Bognar" <jamesbognar@apache.org> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm calling this PPMC vote to start the process of graduation of Apache
Juneau as a top-level project.
We are opening this vote thread to the dev list to allow non-voting input
from non-PPMC members.

Please refer to the following graduation guide.
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html.

Our Whimsy page can be found here:
https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/juneau

Our status file can be found here:
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/juneau.html

Note that we are still waiting for the results of the Podling Suitable
Names Search, but we do not anticipate any issues.  We will wait for
completion before submitting an IPMC vote.

We have been in the incubator since June 24, 2016.  Since then we have
proven our ability to produce Apache releases with the following:
- 2016-10-25 - Juneau 6.0.0
- 2017-01-03 - Juneau 6.0.1
- 2017-02-25 - Juneau 6.1.0
- 2017-04-28 - Juneau 6.2.0
- 2017-06-28 - Juneau 6.3.0
- 2017-08-01 - Juneau 6.3.1
- Currently-voting on Juneau 6.4.0

Our community consists of a mixture of corporate (IBM, Salesforce), Apache
(Streams), and external committers.  We have a healthy and successful
ongoing collaboration with the Apache Streams project.  Our community is
healthy, open, and respectful.

Our source code is mature and heavily documented with many examples and
tutorials.

***IMPORTANT*** - In addition to your vote, please state whether you wish
to serve as an initial member of the Apache Juneau project.

For Mentors and PPMC members, please vote one of the following:

[ ] +1 Approve recommendation
[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object
[ ] -1 Do not approve because...

This vote will be open a minimum of 72 hours.

+1

Well done!

I have not contributed much I am afraid, but I am happy to stay on for
continuity., If the PPMC so wishes.