juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <jamesbog...@apache.org>
Subject Jenkins build broken since adding Jetty 9.
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2017 17:23:41 GMT
The Jenkins build appears to have been failing since we upgraded to Jetty
9.  I don't know how I missed the notification.

The problem is that we're compiling against Java 7, but Jetty 9 is compiled
against Java 8, so we get this error...

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/eclipse/jetty/server/Handler : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

The REST testcases all rely on Jetty, so now must be executed using Java
8.  But I don't think we want to force Java 8 as the prereq for our code,
right?  Prereq'ing Java 6 is a selling point for Juneau.

Can the Jenkins build be modified to compile against Java 6, but run the
REST testcases against Java 8?  Or should we just bite the bullet and
prereq Java 8 all over?