juneau-dev mailing list archives

From James Bognar <jamesbog...@apache.org>
Subject Proposed Jetty changes in microservice.
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2017 14:30:33 GMT
I wanted to call attention to a proposal to change how Jetty is used in the
microservice.  The discussion is here...

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JUNEAU-62

In a nutshell, we're proposing to ship the microservice with a standalone
jetty.xml file and remove the various jetty configuration options from the
cfg file.  So for example, if you want to enable SSL or authentication, you
just do it in the jetty file.

It eliminates having to keep up with changes to the Jetty APIs, and allows
for full customization of the servlet container.