juneau-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Blackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Jenkins build broken since adding Jetty 9.
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2017 18:34:16 GMT
+1 for making Java 8 the standard language level.  Java 7 has been end of
life for > 2 years.

However, it is possible to run jenkins builds for multiple language
levels (many projects do this) and even to publish maven binaries for each
under different classifiers (I’ve seen a few projects that do this)

As to resolve the specific problem of Jetty failing to use jre7 juneau, the
best solution I see there would be to have variants of RestMicroservice
that support > 1 web app containers.  The default version could use Jetty
9, an alternative version might use Jetty 8 (as had been the case until
recently), or use Tomcat or other compatible options.

A maven profile configured from the build environment could easily be used
to test jre7 builds using RestMicroserviceJetty8 and jre8 builds using
RestMicroserviceJetty9

Steve