juneau-dev mailing list archives

From sblackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject jsonnet
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2017 01:07:00 GMT
Hello,

jsonnet came to my attention this afternoon reading https://twitter.com/databricks/status/879395675636682752
.  It’s quite interesting.

I’ve found expression-based evaluation and imports to produce json to be quite useful when
(for example) launching streams that need to learn about their environment on startup.

HOCON and the org.typesafe library offers some of these features, but jsonnet appears to be
much more robust, with the sole exception being that HOCON explicitly describes support for
import url(“http://…”) while jsonnet does not.

However, nothing would stand in the way of an implementation of jsonnet supporting remote
URLs as well as local files.

Long story short, there are no java implementations of jsonnet listed, and I suspect juneau's
core libraries could be repurposed to launch one, if there is any interest from the group
in attempting such a project.

Steve