juneau-dev mailing list archives

From sblackmon <sblack...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSE] Release Apache Juneau 6.2.1-incubating RC1
Date Fri, 19 May 2017 21:50:43 GMT
James,

There is a lot of great new stuff in master, certainly enough to warrant a release.

I’m currently working on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-508

Very excited about the potential of the third-party rest proxy feature to simplify the code
involved in writing new streams providers.

My approach to STREAMS-508 is: annotate each interface, remove the bulk of the logic in Twitter.java
and Instagram.java, and run the existing integration tests to confirm each Provider still
works.

I’ve found two cases where it looks like we need a new feature on the Juneau side to use
the rest proxy feature as we’ve planned.

Here’s relevant parts of Statuses.java, the biggest of the interfaces:

----

@Remoteable(path = "https://api.twitter.com/1.1/statuses")
public interface Statuses {

@RemoteMethod(httpMethod = "GET", path = "/home_timeline.json")
  public List<Tweet> homeTimeline( @QueryIfNE("*") StatusesHomeTimelineRequest parameters
);

@RemoteMethod(httpMethod = "GET", path = "/lookup.json")
  public List<Tweet> lookup( @QueryIfNE("*") StatusesLookupRequest parameters);

@RemoteMethod(httpMethod = "GET", path = "/mentions_timeline.json")
  public List<Tweet> mentionTimeline( @QueryIfNE("*") StatusesMentionsTimelineRequest
parameters);

@RemoteMethod(httpMethod = "GET", path = "/show/{id}")
  public Tweet show( @Path(value = "id") String id, @QueryIfNE("*") StatusesShowRequestParameters
parameters);

@RemoteMethod(httpMethod = "GET", path = "/user_timeline.json")
  public List<Tweet> userTimeline( @QueryIfNE("*") StatusesUserTimelineRequest parameters);

}

—

The two gaps are:
1) An implementation of @QueryIfNE("*”) that allow a bean to stand-in for multiple GET
parameters
2) The ability to use @Path parameters in @RemoteMethod

Do you think these additions could be squeezed in before the 6.2.0 release?

As is, ~50% of the twitter and instagram methods can use rest proxy, #1 unlocks an additional
40% and #2 the final 10%

Thanks!

Steve