juneau-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <apache....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Slack] Notifications from the ASF team for May 18th, 2017 at 8:17 AM
Date Thu, 18 May 2017 20:01:56 GMT
The daily digest doesn't seem to be working as I expected.

What I'd like to see is a daily digest of all the traffic from the previous day.

I got this message this morning but it has little value for the purpose of bringing slack
discussions back to the dev@ mail list.

Perhaps my account is not set up properly (I signed up as apache.clr) and can see the dev-juneau
channel but this message doesn't help me.

> On May 18, 2017, at 5:17 AM, Slack <no-reply@slack.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Dev Juneau,
>
> You have a new direct message from the ASF team
> (https://the-asf.slack.com/x-182454733285-185026367155/).

This link directs me to the generic slack page where I'm signed in. Nothing specific to juneau.

> ---
>
> @digestai
> View in the archives:
> https://the-asf.slack.com/x-182454733285-185026367155/archives/D5CC0L8FN/p1495108938220891

This link fails with You've found a Glitch!

You've found yourself in a weird place.
Probably not the place you were looking for. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

> Digest.AI (8:02 AM, May 18th)
> Hi Dev,
> *Here’s your digest for May 18th 2017*
> There are 128 messages yesterday, and the most active user is Tal Liron

How can we get these 128 messages to be included in the daily email to dev@juneau?

My understanding is that if they are not forwarded to dev@juneau then at some point they will
be lost entirely, which defeats the purpose of a daily digest.

Thanks for listening

Craig

> *#dev-juneau*
> @jamesbognar: No, you just specify a URL in your getContent() method…
>
> ```
> 	public static class FileSpaceStatusRender extends
> HtmlRenderFileSpaceStatus {
>
> 		@Override
> 		public String getStyle(FileSpaceStatus value) {
> 			return "text-align:center";
> 		}
>
> 		@Override
> 		public Object getContent(FileSpaceStatus value) {
> 			switch (value) {
> 				case OK:  return img().src("htdocs/ok.png");
> 				case WARNING:  return img().src("htdocs/warning.png");
> 				default: return img().src("htdocs/severe.png");
> 			}
> 		}
> 	}
> ```
> So it’s an enum, and you just point it at an image tag.
>

> * * *
>
> You can snooze these notifications for
> an hour:
> https://the-asf.slack.com/unsub/U5CDCMK8D-c818330244-notify-mute-1h
> eight hours:
> https://the-asf.slack.com/unsub/U5CDCMK8D-d9d9f0c003-notify-mute-8h
> a day:
> https://the-asf.slack.com/unsub/U5CDCMK8D-8578835cf0-notify-mute-1d
> three days:
> https://the-asf.slack.com/unsub/U5CDCMK8D-06e193824b-notify-mute-3d
> or the next week:
> https://the-asf.slack.com/unsub/U5CDCMK8D-db36f45174-notify-mute-7d.
>
> You can also turn email notifications off:
> https://the-asf.slack.com/unsub/U5CDCMK8D-02b9390bdb-notify.
>
> For more detailed preferences, see your account page:
> https://the-asf.slack.com/account.

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org